Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... now they must watch their abundance of luxuries fall away, making room for the tools of survival, and witness this time of relative peace wither into the same fears that harper's ballads had warned them about for generations.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rumor has it (Emerene)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sixth Gun

Sixth Gun

Emerene - Rumor has it (Emerene) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumor has it (Emerene)   Emerene - Rumor has it (Emerene) - Page 2 I_icon32Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:50 pm

S'jiro was probably leaning a little too close to Veyani at that point, fuming over her stubbornness. How could a girl be so irrational! That just proved it! It was no wonder that there was only ONE Queen and the least influential of them were mere Greens! Even if there were a lot of them, they weren't allowed to cause any fuss! Not like this! This was almost unbearable!

So focused on his spat with Veyani, he almost didn't hear Sh'nar called after him. But those words dissipated as though they'd not been spoken. S'jiro was intent on Veyani. "If I wanted to hold that kind of position, I could have stayed home! I held a perfectly desirable position there!" It was almost more work trying to start over in the Weyr. Chances of him becoming Weyrleader were far less than his chances of having taken over the minor hold held by his father. Though, in both places, some sort of influential rank was pretty much guaranteed since he'd Impressed a Bronze. So... that said, maybe Veyani had him figured wrong.

"You're going to want to hear this." She said as Sh'nar asked his question about the clothes again. Where were their clothes?

Having almost forgotten about the missing clothes they'd come in search of, S'jiro's expression broke into one of curiosity, glancing back to where Sh'nar and Emerene stood. He'd been too caught up in his argument with the farm girl.

Emerene had been looking back at Sh'nar, but then when S'jiro started practically shouting at Veya, her eyes returned to the pair. "We hid your clothes back at the latrines. If you want to find them, you'll have to go back there."

The girl dared to grin smugly back at Sh'nar, who she expected to be frowning even more deeply than before.

Not waiting for a response, Emerene left Sh'nar's side to go to Veyani, hoping to escape with her friend while the Bronzeriders went running back to the latrines to find their garments.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Rumor has it (Emerene)   Emerene - Rumor has it (Emerene) - Page 2 I_icon32Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:12 pm

Emerene had definitely been right. As S’jiro leaned in close to her, she could feel herself grow excited. Arguing with him was part of the fun. As he continued to argue she smiled at him. Oh but he didn’t expect her to understand anything. He wanted to have a position because he wanted to have some power but he didn’t really want to be a leader.

Which meant he wasn’t THAT interested in Goldriders…she wondered what Emerene would think of it all…because the other girl could clearly see how close S’jiro had come to her, how focused he was on her. Even if it wasn’t necessarily for good reasons. Anyway surely Emerene could see it and know why it was hard for Veyani to be angry about what happened. He clearly didn’t know what he wanted now but he had wanted her last night.

Being so engrossed in their conversation, she looked away from S’jiro only when Emerene came over did she realize this was their chance to get as far away from these jerks as they could. Taking Emerene’s hand she smiled mischievously, “Bye.” She said as she ran out of the room, with Emerene, laughing as she went.

Sh’nar glared at Emerene, then. “The LATRINES?!” He said angrily. He didn’t care where the girls went now. There was a sweet, wonderful thing called revenge. They were really good at it. Sh’nar would find a way to sabotage Emerene’s work with the Headwoman to embarrass her in front of the Headwoman and her mother. He might leave Veyani’s torment up to S’jiro. Altough he still thought perhaps he might take things too far with the girl. There was an obvious attraction which S’jiro would no doubt deny later. Still he had been hanging on every word that girl said, he might as well have been in a different room.

Cymrioth was laughing. His own dragon, laughing at him. It’s a little funny. Those girl’s just played you like a fiddle and then left you alone to find your clothes. You might as well not retrieve them, no doubt they are gross. Fine help you are. Traitor. You’ll thank me later.
Back to top Go down
Sixth Gun

Sixth Gun

PostSubject: Re: Rumor has it (Emerene)   Emerene - Rumor has it (Emerene) - Page 2 I_icon32Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:25 pm

Emerene disappeared with Veyani, the two girls running as fast as they could to get as far from the latrines as possible before the Bronzeriders found out just what happened to their clothes. She would have loved to have seen their faces when they found their clothes though. But one last glance behind them was enough to suit her for now. Surely they'd have a chance to catch the Bronzers later on, and ask them about just what they found when they went back to the latrines.

S'jiro was still seething when Emerene retrieved Veyani and the two left the room. Throwing a disbelieving glance back at Sh'nar again, he rolled his eyes, motioning that they should all go to find their things. Of course, they all probably wore the same putrid expression when they arrived at the latrines, only to discover where their clothes were hidden at.

Knowing that those were his favourite pants in that pile of muck, S'jiro immediately started stewing over what misery he had in store for Veyani next. The four of them would have to convene at a later hour, once they'd had a chance to wash up and get clean clothes on again.

S'jiro ended up leaving his clothes in the latrine, not even bothering to dig them up. It was disgusting to think of ever wearing such a soiled thing again. Doing so would be beneath him.

[phase out of scene?]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumor has it (Emerene)   Emerene - Rumor has it (Emerene) - Page 2 I_icon32

Back to top Go down

Rumor has it (Emerene)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2