Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... now they must watch their abundance of luxuries fall away, making room for the tools of survival, and witness this time of relative peace wither into the same fears that harper's ballads had warned them about for generations.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Shades

Go down 
AuthorMessage
(Ô¸__,Ô)

(Ô¸__,Ô)

New Shades Empty
PostSubject: New Shades   New Shades I_icon32Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:32 am

New Shades NyssaTlina_zps1c9ae5fd

Galaeanyss turned her head to the right. She quirked an eyebrow. She gave the reflection of her otherwise blank face a long appraising look. She turned to face the other direction. She stared at the slack-jawed display of contented happiness. She looked head-on at the mirror, disapproval etch on her features. “This isn’t right,” she announced at last.

“That’s because it’s not your color,” Tlina answered. She had not espied her Lady’s trials this time any more than had the last two rounds of make-up tests. Instead, she had taken the opportunity to stretch out on the bed. With her hand folded behind her head, she had simply watched the privacy veils waft on the air currents. It could be both mesmerizing and relaxing at the same time. “Stick with the dark blues, browns. Royal purple; you know that you like that one.”

“I wanted try something different,” Nyssa said. She replaced the small brush in to its niche alongside the glittery silver eye shadow. “A new shade that would make me pop.”

“Light colors are not your friends.”

“I know.” Galaeanyss sighed. “I thought that Kier might like it if I changed it up a little.”

“He might like it you changed yourself in a text,” Tlina said with a smirk. “At least then he’d notice you.”

“He notices me,” came the defense reply.

“Uh-huh. And that’s why after two Turns you’re no closer to closing the deal then you were when you started.”

“We are taking our time.”

“Uh-huh. Does he even know your name?”

“Yes.”

“Does he?

“Yes!”

“DOES he?”

As the taunting began to tick her off, Nyssa spun around in her chair to face her handmaiden. “Probably!”

“I think that its time that we move on,” Tlina said. “At the rate you’re going we’ll be retired before you manage to get a first date.”

“Its not easy,” Galaeanyss snapped.  She tapped her chest pointedly. “I have a lot of competition. There are a LOT more Junior Ladies out there than there are Major Holds. There’s not enough to go around.” She thrust her finger toward the floor. “So I am sitting on THIS one. This Hold. This boy. They’re MINE. He may not know yet, but he is. He is going to LOVE me, and MARRY me, and I am going to RULE this land! And those other b!%@#es can f#@%ing eat me!”

A hush descended on the room. “Soooo,” Tlina said after nearly a minute of silence. “He doesn’t know that we are here, does he?”

“RAGH!” Galaeanyss practically leaped from her seat. She stormed across the room toward the door. She pointed at Tlina as she stomped passed the handmaiden. “You can f#@%ing eat me, too!”

Tlina replied in a sign-song voice, having to raise the volume to be heard as Nyssa left entered the hall, “Much like when you aaasked on your naaame daaaay:  NO~OPE!”

OOC:  Taggies Not Required.  Just writing for fun.
Back to top Go down

New Shades
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Holds :: Fort Hold :: Private Quarters-
Jump to: