Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... now they must watch their abundance of luxuries fall away, making room for the tools of survival, and witness this time of relative peace wither into the same fears that harper's ballads had warned them about for generations.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

There's only me and the lonely

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Eloaene

Eloaene

There's only me and the lonely - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: There's only me and the lonely   There's only me and the lonely - Page 2 I_icon32Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:51 am

There's only me and the lonely - Page 2 Takanori13-1

“I know I would give anything to feel complete again.”

There was no intention in Toshiro's mind that ever hoped to help fill that void in her heart that she felt so keenly. Nevertheless, for all this short night together that they'd been able to sit and talk, Toshiro found that more and more he disliked the thought of her being hurt, even by her past, which was something he couldn't change. He figured that a serious wound to one's heart was not something one could simply make disappear anyway, but...somewhere in the deepest subconscious corners of his mind, he must have begun to ask himself how he could help her in some way.

When Ariadne left her hand there for him, he gave it a comforting squeeze. It felt strange doing so, since he, on the other hand, was not used to being in contact with females so casually. Nor did he think that it was entirely appropriate, but he liked the feel of her small hand in his. Toshiro simply gazed upon that place where he held her hand while she spoke. After witnessing the sadness in her eyes at the mention of lost love, he didn't have the heart to be any more disagreeable on the matter. Again, she was right though, that he would have enough difficulty believing in those words that she spoke, though that didn't mean he would put her sentiments completely out of his mind.

A quiet sigh passed through Toshiro's lips. It was after a long few moments of silence that left them both some time to mull through their own thoughts that the Captain turned his gaze up to Ariadne once more. Perhaps a bit devious in his suggestion, it was obviously under the guise of being thoughtfully caring that he spoke then; some mischievous glint had returned to his dark eyes by that time, betraying any wholly honest intention. "It is getting a little late. If you're tired, you can rest your head in my lap to sleep."

Back to top Go down
https://rainoffire.rpg-board.net
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: There's only me and the lonely   There's only me and the lonely - Page 2 I_icon32Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:11 am

His silence confirmed how he was feeling about what she had said. Still she had to appreciate that he knew when it was better to say nothing at all. She was back to gazing at the stars when she felt him squeeze her hand. He felt bad for her, she knew this would happen. Everyone felt sorry for her pain. And she wasn’t sorry. Better to feel that pain than to have never felt the intense happiness she had for so many Turns.

She supposed it was natural for people to think her hurt was entirely tragic without anything that could be seen as good coming from it. However she remembered so many good times it was hard for her to think of when she had ever had a bad day while Evander was around. She supposed she had things better than most when it came down to it. Besides she had a beautiful little girl who delighted her and kept her from living a life only in the past.

When Toshiro did speak he took her off guard for a moment. Pulling her hand away, she said, “You are right, it is getting late. I’ll have to take you up on that offer another time.” She winked, “I better be on my way home now. Otherwise I’ll be getting an earful from my mother. Something I like to avoid as much as possible.” She stood up and walked a few steps, “We should do this again, sometime.”
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: There's only me and the lonely   There's only me and the lonely - Page 2 I_icon32Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:58 am

Perhaps it shouldn't have come as a surprise to him, and sure, he figured she was a woman of enough propriety not to fall for his half-baked tactics which left him seeming just as teasing as he was serious about any hopes that she might oblige him. He did not let show the disappointment when her hand withdrew from his, but he sat up a little straighter then, watching her in her reply.

“You are right, it is getting late. I’ll have to take you up on that offer another time.” She winked, “I better be on my way home now. Otherwise I’ll be getting an earful from my mother. Something I like to avoid as much as possible.”

Maybe just then he was feeling a bit grateful he had no parents or family to give him a hard time about anything he did. He wondered just how the conversation would go when Ariadne returned home that night. Somehow he couldn't help but smile at the thought of Ari's mother -though it was a bit of a lopsided grin. That woman had some spunk in her at her age, and he was still amused by that.

“We should do this again, sometime.”

Nodding in response, Toshiro called after her, "I should walk you home." Grasping both weapons in his left hand, he rose from where he'd been sitting on to make his way down the rest of the stairs to meet her. He was quiet again then, and began to walk past her, leading them back in the direction of her home. As he went, both scabbards returned to their secured position at his hip.
Back to top Go down
https://rainoffire.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There's only me and the lonely   There's only me and the lonely - Page 2 I_icon32

Back to top Go down

There's only me and the lonely
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Holds :: Telgar Hold :: Within the Hold (General)-
Jump to: