Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... now they must watch their abundance of luxuries fall away, making room for the tools of survival, and witness this time of relative peace wither into the same fears that harper's ballads had warned them about for generations.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exam day -Scores announced

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Eloaene

Eloaene

Exam day -Scores announced Empty
PostSubject: Exam day -Scores announced   Exam day -Scores announced I_icon32Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:11 pm

Exam day -Scores announced Dc41bdb9-d438-4229-b683-82cdbfd0dff4_zps8b0ffa0b

Outside on the training grounds, just in front of the Guard Hall a new message board had been posted. Scores had been listed in order of Highest to Lowest grade received from the morning's Exam session -and it had taken all morning to complete the Exam. Yeoun had completed his in just under three candlemarks, but most students took longer.

After completing the written Exam, Yeoun had gone by himself to get some lunch since Trainees would be finishing at differing times depending on how long it took them. Having eaten quickly, he used the rest of a free afternoon to take one of his usual long walks alone, before heading back to the training grounds about the time they'd been told Exam scores would be announced. Of course, Yeoun had arrived early and so he was one of the first to gather in front of the announcement board.

Before glancing through the list of names, Yeoun had a pretty good idea of where he stood as far as overall ranks. Naturally curious, but feeling a little smug all the same, Yeoun crossed arms over his chest with one of his weapons still clasped within that left hand. Indeed, looking then to the top of the board's left hand side, he and Kevarre both were at the top of the list with similar scores. The scores often decided what duty a Guardsman was given to start his career; sometimes a Guard never advanced from that position. The graduates from the Blood Moon Squad however... there was nothing to worry about. With their scores, they'd have exciting missions lined up for them in no time.

In fact, later that day, they were all to be designated their first assignments as graduates, and in a special party hosted for them that evening to celebrate, even the Lord Holder Rihan would be present to congratulate them. Everyone was looking forward to it -each for their own reasons. Yeoun wondered if Kevarre would rather avoid going given the fact that there would surely be girls at the party who would want to congratulate all of the handsome young men in uniform. The thought of Kevarre surrounded by ogling females fawning over him, left Yeoun smirking with silent amusement.
Back to top Go down
https://rainoffire.rpg-board.net
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Exam day -Scores announced   Exam day -Scores announced I_icon32Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:46 pm

Kevarre, unlike many of the other trainee's was not concerned about his score. His confidence as usual was bordering on cocky. He knew he had done well, better than well really. Nothing the other youths had done suggested to him they were any better than he was and were likely worse off. The only person he thought could have a better score than himself was Yeoun.

Even the written part of the exam did not concern him. He figured if he knew all the answers it meant he had done well. He wasn't going to stress over the scores. He was going to get a high score and become a hero. Achieving greatness was a goal of his that he would not be dissuaded from. He would have a reputation, people would know his name and passing these exams with flying colors was only going to prove that he was destined to do amazing things.

While Yeoun had been early to look at the names, Kevarre had been late, waiting till everyone else had a chance to look before bothering to be concerned about it. A smirk came to his lips as he saw his name up at the top with Yeoun's. It was as he had hoped. All of the Blood Moon Squad had scored highly compared to the regular recruits. Their turns of training had paid off at last. Now surely they would be given missions of great importance.

Finding his quiet friend lingering nearby, Kevarre approached. "I hope this means the best missions for us. If I have to endure an evening of partying...I better be getting something out of it." And by something he meant the better assignments. He could care less how many women were there. He could ignore them. He would not ignore being assigned something lame when he knew he was good enough to beat most Guardsmen.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Exam day -Scores announced   Exam day -Scores announced I_icon32Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:05 pm

Exam day -Scores announced Dc41bdb9-d438-4229-b683-82cdbfd0dff4_zps8b0ffa0b

"I hope this means the best missions for us. If I have to endure an evening of partying...I better be getting something out of it."

Kevarre's words left Yeoun smirking lopsidedly again. The young man turned to congratulate the rest of their small group on the high scores, offering a playful elbow to the ribs of Kevarre's younger brother, giving him crap for not scoring higher than his brother.

"The party starts at dusk, but we'll be given our assignments first. The Captain should be here soon to give them."

The group loitered like the miscreants they were, waiting for that time to come. Perhaps a candlemark had passed before Captain Toshiro arrived with his own directives about each of their first assignments.

Assigning the lowest scoring graduates to more menial tasks, the higher scoring graduates were granted immediate low-officerial ranking so that they could help lead patrols right away. But...when he got around to assigning the boys of the Blood Moon Squad,...well, their first duty ended up being barely more respectable than cleaning out latrines. The group of them would be traveling toward the newly drawn borders of Igen and Telgar in order to man the fire and drum heights there since they were down to one man at that station currently. Of course on the borderlands there was typically the possibility of holdless raids or conflict with Igen, etc, but recently there'd been no sign of such excitement. Especially given that Igen and Telgar were now bound by the marriage of Lord Rihan and Lady Eolyn -even if a pregnancy had yet to be confirmed.

Yeoun's eyes rounded, widening slightly when he heard the news, though he didn't dare argue it; for in his mind, certainly there must be some meaning for posting them at such far reaches of Telgar's south? He looked to Kevarre and the others though, to gauge their own reactions collectively.

After a moment, the Captain went on to fill them in on more detail. "You will all be leaving on your new assignments two days from now. Make sure to have your supply packs ready for travel by that time." He'd not mentioned how long they would be posted there, at the station near the border, but knowing probably wouldn't have made the assignment any less of a let down for them.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Exam day -Scores announced   Exam day -Scores announced I_icon32Thu May 02, 2013 7:49 pm

Kevarre listened to the tasks given to the others, thinking he would be given something better than any of the regular guard trainees. However he was sorely mistaken for when Captain Toshiro gave the Blood Moon Squad their assignment, it was no more than a babysitting job.

Well that made going to the party a complete downer except that he would still be dragged by his brother whether he wanted to go or not. He caught the look on Yeoun’s face and grimaced. He made no sound or other hint of his displeasure. Surely there would be things to do there, other than stand around and wait all day. New borders meant trouble among local cotholders and such, right?

Disappointment was to be expected. They couldn’t do anything about it. Orders were orders. “We will be ready in two days Captain.” Kevarre reassured Toshiro before looking behind him at the others. Well they might as well get started. He wanted to talk to Yeoun without other people over his shoulder. So he hinted to the other young man that they should go for a quick walk.

“Before we get ready for the party, what do you think of the assignment? Are they just trying to get us out of the way for a while?” Which was what Kevarre thought but one never knew where there would be trouble especially on the borders. He didn’t really mind the assignment nearly as much as he minded the idea of a party. It wasn’t that he didn’t enjoy good food and drink, it was the supposedly pleasurable company he had problems with.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Exam day -Scores announced   Exam day -Scores announced I_icon32Thu May 02, 2013 8:20 pm

Exam day -Scores announced 3774d021-d2b4-41b7-bb98-889ad74898ae_zpsd4835ff3

Meandering off with Kevarre, Yeoun's arms were still folded in a relaxed manner over his chest as they walked at an easy pace. Whether he displayed it or not, Yeoun had a very curious and suspicious mind, so Kevarre's question about the truth about the nature of their assignment was already being worked out in his head. Of course it would be typical of Yeoun to be quiet on his thoughts for a while; and so he was.

After a moment though, his arms returned to their sides, weapon still clutched in that left hand, and he spoke up with some sort of answer to Kevarre's concern. "I think there could be several possibilities; but it's too early yet to know for sure."

Kevarre being the more talkative of the two, if he was going to voice his opinions, he would be doing so in short order. Surely he needn't ask his friend for clarification on his thoughts, because typically Kevarre was vocal enough about them, between the two of them, for him not to have to ask. SO, Yeoun continued walking quietly alongside him to pass the time until they'd have to attend the graduation party.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Exam day -Scores announced   Exam day -Scores announced I_icon32Sat May 04, 2013 10:42 am

“I want to know why they put us out in the middle of fucking nowhere.” Kevarre said, irritation clear. “I suppose it is going to be character building…” Which meant it would be boring. He was quiet for a moment, letting the silence grow between them. “This is probably my fault. I was a little cocky during my test.” It wouldn’t surprise him if most of them were. “Maybe they want to take us down a notch. It could be fun I suppose.” A more mischievous glint came to his eyes. “Less supervision.”

He allowed himself to think about all the fun things they could do with only one man to command them instead of tons of them. Heh, they could be doing whatever they wanted and no one would know! The idea was a little exciting. The excitement drained from him as he realized the time. “We better go get ready before my brother gives us a speech about being presentable to the lovely ladies that are certain to attend.” There was another grimace on his face. Women were trouble and he couldn’t find any reason to allow their beauty to tempt him in the way it tempted other men.

“Sometimes I think he forgets how many times we were betrayed by women.”
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Exam day -Scores announced   Exam day -Scores announced I_icon32Sat May 04, 2013 1:25 pm

Exam day -Scores announced 374f585d-266c-4bba-bee2-823be89bd5c8_zpsad857ea5

Playing it safe, Yeoun kept his thoughts to himself as usual, only offering agreeable nods in response to his friend. Of course, Kevarre could be right. Maybe they wanted to cut their confidence down to size a notch; or perhaps they only wanted to discover how they performed out on their own, without the supervision..if they could still maintain the discipline to achieve their goals. It could be any number of things or perhaps all of them together. But it didn't really matter now. All that mattered was that soon they'd be on that assignment and have to do what they were told to do once they got there.

Kevarre's commentary on his brother and women left him chuckling, shaking his head, following his friend back toward the party area. Yeoun really wasn't all that concerned about dressing up for women either, so he didn't care for changing clothes at that point. That didn't mean he didn't keep himself well enough groomed though. He was often one of the more clean-kept of all the Blood Moon Squad members. That fact, along with his killer smile, long hair and good looks, were what made him an easy target for picking on amoungst his peers.

Arriving just on time for the graduation party, there were tables situated for each of them to sit and chat and eat with their families while another set of tables hosted a meal for them to fill their plates from. Of course, the central focal point of the entire setup was the dance floor. They'd all been told that the Lord and Lady Holder would be present this evening at some point, but it was not clear when, and no table had been set for them separately, so they must not be staying for the entire event.

A lot of people were already gathered, many more adding to the crowd as they themselves arrived. Dress for the occasion varied, as there had been told no uniform requirement and some simply preferred using the occasion to dress their finest. Yeoun's eyes were scanning the crowd, recognizing all of the regular trainee faces, finding them frequently with their families, but had yet to spot Kevarre's brother or either of the other members of their Blood Moon Squad.

Suddenly, attention seemed to turn in the direction behind him, near the tables set with food. Overhearing Captain Toshiro's voice, he turned to see the man, wondering if anything else might have captured everyones' eye. But standing there with him was a woman he vaguely remembered from the infirmary staff from the one time he'd had to go there, and next to them..Toshiro'd been speaking to Lord Holder Rihan himself. Lady Eolyn was also present.

Yeoun seemed to freeze in place, his gaze just as fixated on the Heir Apparent as anyone else, only he was certain it was for a completely different reason. Without looking back at Kevarre, Yeoun began walking in that direction. It took every bit of concentration to control his breath, the increasing beat of his pulse felt heavily in his own chest.

As he neared the group, he offered a bow to the Lord and Lady. It was obviously a casual gathering, because they were not dressed in the spectacular gather garb one might expect though...the clothes they wore were still very fine in his eyes. They also seemed to be treating those around them with a little less formality than he'd expected, so when he came to speak to their Captain, it wasn't with as much hesitation that he did so; he didn't feel as though he was truly interrupting anything important. Yeoun wasn't really sure of what he'd say to Toshiro because he really just wanted to get a closer look at the Lord and Lady -Toshiro'd become his excuse- either way, his attention fell easily to Toshiro, smiling very faintly. "Captain Toshiro. Maybe now isn't the time, but I wanted to thank you again for the time you spent with us on individual training. And," The boy's eyes dropped a little, as if unsure about the request he was about to make, "I wanted to see that in the future we could spar again sometime. I know we'll be gone for a while though, on our new assignment."

At that time, Yeoun glanced back up at the Captain and then to Rihan, seeming to search the Heir Apparent's eyes.

Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Exam day -Scores announced   Exam day -Scores announced I_icon32Sat May 04, 2013 2:24 pm

Kevarre followed Yeoun’s lead when it came to the party. He wasn’t very good in civilized company. He had a sailor’s mouth and habits that bordered on rudeness. So he became Yeoun’s shadow. He had been excited to see the Lord and Lady of Telgar River Hold, future Lord and Lady of Telgar itself. Originally his eyes had been drawn to the Lord so that he might pass some small judgment as to whether he liked him or not but he found himself looking at the lady next to him.

The woman was small, and not pretty. No not pretty…at all. He convinced himself because if he thought otherwise he would soon be as besotted with the Lady as everyone else in the room seemed to be, except for Yeoun who seemed to be on a mission to talk with Captain Toshiro but had nothing really to say to the man he couldn’t say at another time. It made Kevarre smile but he did follow Yeoun’s lead and bow to those gathered around the Lord and Lady and the Lord and Lady themselves.

While Yeoun’s eyes were searching Rihan’s, Kevarre was trying to look at anything other than the Lord and Lady. He failed, miserably. Lifting his gaze, the beautiful young lady was smiling. How unfortunate, he thought as he looked away. Sharding women. They knew what they were doing. They all knew, even the little Lady. She was not dressed as extravagantly as he imagined nor was she the wealthy hag, he thought she would be. This was the first lady he had ever seen and so far the rumors were completely true. He was kind of disappointed in that.

Even with half the room staring at her, she only had eyes for the man standing next to her. Lord Rihan seemed to be charming even at a distance. He also seemed quietly confident. That was a quality he liked and could respect. He grew tired of looking at them and went in search of his brother. He found him mingling with some of the other trainees and some young women. Really irritating. He hated parties. Kevarre walked to a quiet corner and crossed his arms, watching everything from his quiet little spot.

Ariadne was standing next to Toshiro, quietly. She listened to the young Blood Moon boy and smiled, seeing as his gaze was on Lord Rihan. Ari wondered just how many of the people gathered were used to the presence of the Lord and his Lady. She wasn’t even if she had been honored to see their wedding. She wondered if there would be some dancing because she would really love to dance.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Exam day -Scores announced   Exam day -Scores announced I_icon32Sat May 04, 2013 5:54 pm

There were few people who were accustomed to seeing the Lord and Lady holder each and every day. Not as few in number necessarily, but with much less frequency, were those who had the opportunity to see them walking out in casual dress to attend public festivities. Their time here tonight would likely be brief.

Rihan, in his usual state of tranquility, was smiling softy, his eyes bearing most of his emotion. He had been watching the two as they came to greet their Captain, glancing between each of them, from Yeoun to Toshiro to Kevarre.

Toshiro was nodding, "In the future, we should do that."

Abruptly, Yeoun's attention had been drawn back to Toshrio, and he was smiling faintly, nodding acquiescence. The young man seemed a little nervous though, being in the presence of the Lord and Lady, glancing back at them with eyes deep in thought.

Addressing Yeoun directly, Rihan tried to ease the slight tension he felt there, believing it only to be because he was as intimidated as most people meeting the Lord Holder for the first time. "You're one of the five Squad members who came from the East aren't you?" Of course he was vague about their description granted the situation surrounding them. "You're Yeoun and Kevarre was the other who just left us?"

Surprised, Yeoun didn't keep it from showing in his eyes, "Yes, my Lord." Not knowing what else to do, Yeoun knelt down onto one knee in a show of his subservience to the Holder.

Rihan was smiling. "I've heard of you."

Still curious, "You've heard of me? Us?" Yeoun's eyes traced a path skyward to find Rihan in his sight again.

"Mmmmm. Of course I've heard of you five. You in particular, are very skilled with the sword."

Again, Yeoun wasn't quite sure what to say, but bowed his head again in gratitude of the complement the Holder had awarded them. As he started to look back up, the boy's hand clenched more tightly around the scabbard of his sword, the thumb of that hand pressing into the underside of the handguard, as if he might unsheath it. The gesture though, was so slight, only a trained eye may notice it.

His body though, didn't seem to want to follow through with the act. Yeoun had the Lord Holder here before him. In one single strike, he could kill Rihan and have his vengeance for the death of his father. But Yeoun never had a perfect answer to the question of who had killed his father. All he could do was make assumptions based on little information. What if his assumptions were wrong and Rihan nor his family were at fault? If that were the case, then he would be no better than the murderer who killed his own family; he didn't want to hurt blameless people.

Truthfully, after looking into Rihan's eyes, the man simply didn't seem to be the sort who would kill his father...or kill anyone. He'd even heard he left some of the Holdless and Chorong Rebels alive who'd been found to be involved in his wife's kidnapping months back. Surely he was wrong about who was at fault. Rihan...simply wouldn't do something like that.

Yeoun's body relaxed, wrapping his thumb around the scabbard of his weapon again, instead of assuming such a threatening posture -even if the posturing was so small and might go unnoticed.

Not seeming to notice, Rihan continued in his pleasant manner, "Stand. Enjoy the party. It's for you. You've all done well to get this far. Thank you for working so hard."

Bowing his head again, the boy stood. After another breath, he glanced back over at his Captain, "I'll go to join Kevarre and the others then." Bowing once more, Yeoun dismissed himself, turning to walk in the direction Kevarre had gone.

Toshiro was bowing to Rihan then to excuse himself, taking Ariadne's arm as he did so, so that he could make his way over to another crowd of Graduates. The man caught up quickly to Yeoun first though, catching the young man by the shoulder firmly. Though those nearby might be able to overhear, Toshiro drew close to the Blood Moon member in order to speak quietly between them, giving a harsh warning, "If you're going to draw your weapon, then you will have to let go of your fear. The way that you are now, if you draw that sword, you will die." And Toshiro might be the one to kill him.

The Captain didn't need to say anymore. He was certain that the rest of the evening would be peaceful; whatever the boy's reasons, it would be foolish of him to do anything here, and he had realized it. So, Toshiro led Ari to the next group of former trainees to congratulate.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Exam day -Scores announced   Exam day -Scores announced I_icon32Sun May 05, 2013 10:35 am

Exam day -Scores announced Sorchaheader_zpsa1ac90c9

Sorcha arrived after things had started, pretending to be the daughter of one of the older men gathered. If rumors were to be believed a few very special trainees were here and one of them might be Chorong’s son. It was her mission to find him and for now, just keep tabs on him until her father issued her new orders. The party was a great place for her to blend in.

Watching the Captain of the Guard pay particular attention to one of the youths she decided he might be the best place to start. She replaced the Captain, appearing seemingly out of nowhere next to Yeoun. The young woman was dressed nicely, her hair partially up and partially down. “Captain seems to be in a mood. What did you do, threaten Lord Rihan?” She asked with a laugh. “You must be one of the new recruits. I’m Sorcha.” She held out her hand in greeting. Her blue eyes belied an intelligence that her youthful appearance seemed to dispute.

“I hope you are staying for the dancing. It has been so long since anyone the least bit interesting was recruited.” Her words suggested her father was probably a Guard for her to be so connected to the Guards and know about them. However, Sorcha knew none of them by more than their names and ranks and that was all from memorization. She flushed, acting the part of the innocent girl, “I mean, that is if you would want to dance with me.”

---

Ariadne let Toshiro lead her where he needed to go. She had been surprised that he would invite her to this. The boys all had seen her around though so there could be no doubts in their minds that she was someone important to the Captain. It was nice to be included in this part of his life though she never felt like she belonged at these sorts of events. With Toshiro there though, it was easier.

His words for Yeoun were quiet so she distracted herself. She didn’t want to hear anything that wasn’t meant for her ears. Whatever he had to say was for Yeoun alone. Ariadne was glad to go and speak to some of the other recruits. The other boys were a bit quiet, Yeoun especially.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Exam day -Scores announced   Exam day -Scores announced I_icon32Sun May 05, 2013 11:18 am

Surprised at the sudden appearance of a girl, he wondered if this was what Kevarre didn't like about them. Wasn't she being a little nosy? The boy's face held no surprise there when she flippantly added comments about being threatening, nor did he seem to think anything about her judgement over Captain Toshiro's mood. The Captain was typically in a 'mood', so that didn't really bother him either.

When she introduced herself, he was still quiet, though he inclined his head with a bit of a smile. His own introduction came at length, more like an after-thought. "I'm Yeoun." And with that, he took her hand to shake.

He never took any of the hooks she set in place for him to take to get him to be more conversational -he wasn't really that type. Not to mention, a relatively suspicious, guarded nature had him being wary of the look in her eyes. The Blood Moon member did start wondering at her sudden interest in him also. She must be very outgoing. "I can't say I'll be staying very long, but don't think I'd be much of a good dance partner anyway. Are you here with family?" He was guessing that she was not here with a date who'd graduated because then she wouldn't be here talking with him.

When Sorcha put on the innocent face, blushing, he couldn't deny that she was very cute, and though she appeared as young as he, she had a certain mature, womanly charm about her; but it wasn't enough to sway him to stay any longer than Kevarre might. The two of them were too accustomed to sticking together.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Exam day -Scores announced   Exam day -Scores announced I_icon32Sun May 05, 2013 11:53 am

“Yeoun.” She repeated as if trying out his name. Sorcha did not betray the fact that she had heard his name before. She was used to knowing more about people than they realized she knew. It was a little off putting how he had so easily dismissed her charms though. She supposed that would be a good thing when it came time for him to take his place among the rebels.

“I’m sure you’ll need to turn in early. Recruits have to pack for their assignments.” She never answered whom she was here with. It should be fairly obvious that she was not here with another boy. If she was there with family it didn’t concern him. She wasn’t interested in knowing anything other than his name. It had been all she needed. Yeoun was the one she was sent to spy on.

“Well it would have been nice but you have to stick with your friends. I saw the one who was stalking you over there in the corner.” There was something about the other boy that made her hair stand on end. She knew him, she knew she knew him but she couldn’t remember where she had seen him before. It was like the memory of a memory of a memory.

“To answer your question, I’m here because my father was a guard.” She said nonchalantly. Her voice lowered and she whispered in his ear, “As was yours. Yeoun, son of Chorong.” She backed away from him and walked to the door. She wasn’t sure if he would follow her out or not. It didn’t matter. She knew that the next time he saw her, he would want to talk. That was all she needed.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Exam day -Scores announced   Exam day -Scores announced I_icon32Sun May 05, 2013 12:49 pm

She knew something. This girl Sorcha, she had been watching them and she was making too many keen observations to sit comfortably with him. None of his thoughts were betrayed in his eyes though until she mentioned his father.

Of course, Yeoun had no memory of his father at that point. It had all been erased from his mind due to the trauma of events when he was young; but he didn't realize any of that. He'd been young at the time, and memories from childhood were almost always vague. The fact that Sorcha seemed so sure of who his father was though, caught him off guard. It was too random to have been brought up by mistake. Yet, how could she...?

Something wasn't right here. Yeoun's gaze followed the young lady as she departed from the crowds, at first too confused to decide just what to do. But maybe it was better putting some distance between them. That way, when he went after her, it wouldn't necessarily look like he'd followed her. Whatever the case, Yeoun found himself looking for Kevarre and the other Blood Moon Squad members first, waiting to see if any of them were watching. If he was going to trail her, Yeoun didn't want any of them knowing. It was fairly typical of him to go wandering off on his own anyway.

Feeling that the coast was clear, Yeoun went after Sorcha, every sense on high alert. If she'd looked back previously, there would have been no sign of him, since he'd waited to chase after her, but he could still see her now a distance away, moving down the moon-lit street on her own.

Yeoun had to admit, he started suspecting a trap, so as he passed by alleyways and buildings, it was second nature to be watchful that there wasn't someone waiting for him there. Maybe the entire line she threw him about his father had been the trap? After all, Chorong was the name associated with those suspected to be behind Lady Eolyn's kidnapping. What did she mean Chorong was his father? That he was a guard? It didn't make any sense to him! And he had nothing to do with those rebels!

Allowing his footsteps to be heard a ways behind her finally, Yeoun disappeared from any line of sight, taking a separate path around one of the buildings so that he could cut Sorcha off up ahead. He moved quickly, going unnoticed until he moved onto a street perpendicular the one she was traveling, a few meters down. As she approached, seeing that she was still alone, he spoke from amidst the shadows. "Why would you know anything about the Chorong?" Not that he knew much about them either. But he had made the connection and if it was correct, then he was interested in knowing what she knew.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Exam day -Scores announced   Exam day -Scores announced I_icon32Sun May 05, 2013 1:38 pm

She took care to walk at a leisurely pace. Baiting the young man with that kind of information would surely pique his interest and he would go looking for her. Sorcha continued on her way without interruption. She stopped short when Yeoun spoke. Unafraid of the boy, she said, “Why would I know anything about the Chorong Rebels? Did I say I knew anything about them?” She tilted her head a little. “I said I know who you are. I’ve been waiting for you.”

Sorcha supposed that wasn’t what he wanted to hear. She didn’t think the middle of the street was a good place to have this conversation. In a quieter voice she whispered, “We cannot talk here. Come with me.” If he wanted to know more he would have to trust her enough to follow her. She looked around them as if someone might be listening. Sorcha didn’t like this part of the Hold, she was more comfortable on the outskirts where undesirable people seemed numerous. She preferred to walk among already dishonest people. She knew what they were capable of.

Tonight she wouldn’t drag Yeoun that far. She had been given a nice room to stay in at an Inn. She had made it quite clear to the innkeeper that her profession would mean her coming in and out with men at odd times. The young man would have no idea about her arrangements though, so she supposed he could refuse to follow her. Curiosity would hopefully motivate him. If she wanted to kill him, he would know it by now.

“I know it’s a lot to ask but my father said to find you. I’m going to answer your questions but we cannot talk about these sorts of things in the middle of the street.” She indicated how the sound was carrying on the stone walls of the buildings. Even her whispers were echoed, “If I was going to have you killed, you would be dead already.” She said knowing he was probably assuming what she would assume, this could be a trap. In a way it was a trap, a trap to give him the information he needed in order to decide what he wanted with his life.

She walked ahead of him, turning down a couple more smaller streets to where the inn glowed brightly with activity. “I have a room there, come on. And try not to look so hapless.” She walked a few more feet and stopped to turn and talk to him, “And don’t talk.” She was about to turn around again before another thought entered her head, “Oh and I’m going to need you to act like you are a patron of mine so, there will be some reaction probably as we enter the inn, since you appear like a lost little boy, they are going to think I’m taking your virginity. You might want to look embarrassed, even if you aren’t.” She began to walk again towards the busy inn.

Opening the door, she took Yeoun’s hand. The Inn went quiet a moment before people started making comments. She was used to it. Once they knew her craft any sense of civility was gone. She’d like nothing more than to slit each and every one of their throats and sit with them as the light drained from their eyes and their breathing stopped…. But she needed places like this as a cover for her actual activities and the occasional times where she actually performed her craft.

The had to go up the stairs and into the room at the very end of the hall. No one at the Inn had to guess what was going to happen in her room so no one felt the need to bother her when she had company. Once she had him in the room, she shut the door and locked it behind her. The room was not what she was accustomed to when she lived with her master and his ladies but it was more comfortable than the forest.

“Please take a seat Yeoun. Now you can ask me whatever you would like and I will try to be honest.”
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Exam day -Scores announced   Exam day -Scores announced I_icon32Sun May 05, 2013 2:31 pm

Unhappy with her response, Yeoun wanted to stop Sorcha as she started away. He thought about grabbing her hand and leading her to somewhere that he himself preferred, just in case the place she would take him was less than desirable. Curiosity won out though, and Yeoun figured that he might learn more by letting her take him to the place she had in mind.

He didn't like what she was saying though, about the fact that she understood his suspicions. That meant that suspicions of her were in fact, rather justly placed, as she was already thinking that way; even if that was not her purpose here today. He would have to be cautious around her now, for sure.

It was without any resistance on his part, that he followed her to a place he understood to have an interesting reputation all its own. His face darkened as she mentioned looking young and innocent, wanting nothing to do with any of this, but he didn't really have a choice. Yeoun stepped inside the establishment with her, eyes playing coy with all its inhabitants as though he must have been young, inexperienced, but trying to act more mature and tough. The expression didn't have to last though, as they headed up the stairs and down the hallway quickly, leading to a room where they could speak in private.

Yeoun would have to trust her for now.

When the door closed behind them, Yeoun's eyes quickly searched the room for anything too suspicious in nature, but found nothing. Well, there was almost nothing to be had in the room at all other than a small bed, a very small table, a chest of drawers on the far wall, and a single chair by the window -which had already been drawn with a curtain.

Allowing himself to relax a little, Yeoun's dark eyes fixed on Sorcha again, remaining near the door so that he was partially blocking it in case anyone, including herself, wanted to try getting in or out. At first, he thought about possibly drawing a weapon on her so that he might feel more assured of her truthfulness, but Yeoun figured that was unnecessary. After all, she'd brought him to a 'safe' place so that they could talk openly. Or was that just a ruse to get him to trust in her more? "I'll repeat my first question. How do you know anything about the Chorong? Playing hard to get is one thing, but I don't like when women play dumb. While you deny it, you speak the name easily, with hidden familiarity. It would be an easy guess that the two are synonymous of each other; it is not a common name, and gauging by your reaction I don't think I'm far from the truth."

The young man folded his arms across his chest, the weapon clasped in that left hand now held against his chest, its hilt protruding from the crook of his arm. "Answer that, and then tell me why you think I have anything to do with that name, Chorong?"
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Exam day -Scores announced   Exam day -Scores announced I_icon32Sun May 05, 2013 3:17 pm

Exam day -Scores announced Sorchaheader_zpsa1ac90c9

A cat-like smile came to her lips as she went to sit down on the bed. It was more comfortable than the chair. Sitting cross legged, she put her hands in her lap. The position was one that was very relaxed and non-threatening. “Obviously.” She rolled her eyes, “You prefer girls to be dumb enough to talk in the open in the middle of a street where anyone could hear what was being said about a group that is being searched for throughout Telgar Hold. Or maybe you would be happier having this conversation in front of Lord Rihan and Captain Toshiro. I hear they love traitors. Well killing traitors anyway.”

She didn’t care if he was a sword master. He needed her information enough not to kill her just yet, and there was the dagger in her hair if he got too close. “Chorong is the name of the Guard whom the Rebels are named for. He was not a Guard anymore when he was killed, he was deemed a traitor. Like my father. The Guard pursued and hunted down Chorong’s family. He hid the children from them but his wife was eventually murdered. When he found out his son was taken to a camp with other orphan boys training to join the Telgar Guard, he went to save him and was killed in the attempt.”

Letting that settle in a moment, “Yeoun, you are Chorong’s son.” Now if that wasn’t enough to get him to think then she didn’t know what was. He was better off knowing before he went away. She didn’t feel the need to contribute any more to the conversation than that. “Now if you don’t mind I need to make some noise…” She hopped up on her feet and began jumping up and down on the bed, the noise of the bed on the wood moving could be heard below them.

She kept it up for about two minutes and then stopped. Yeah, she didn’t think he’d last much longer than that really. She dropped down laying on the bed with her arms behind her head, staring at the ceiling. Hmm, there was a small hairline crack in the paint. “Had to make it convincing or they will think I didn’t make a proper man out of you when you leave and will hassle you.” Sorcha had more knowledge about the craft than she would allow him to know. She was skilled far beyond the Turns she actively pursued it. And it wasn’t like she was a common pillowcrafter before she joined the rebels.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Exam day -Scores announced   Exam day -Scores announced I_icon32Sun May 05, 2013 4:17 pm

Exam day -Scores announced Ca7dba9f-5f6b-4264-bb58-5a25c025ccbb_zps2e464bab

Yeoun had wanted to bite back when she came at him with that initial, smart remark, and the look of irritation flashed dangerously through his eyes. Of course, she'd been the one to lead them down that street; she knew very few were those who would travel the particular road she'd taken, at night. Maybe he should just take her to Captain Toshiro and let him decide what to do with her. Yeoun didn't mind having this conversation in front of the Captain.

That is...until she continued answer his questions. His eyes were on her intently as she told the story -Yeoun didn't know if it was all truth or simply well rehearsed. Somehow though, there was that disgusted feeling in his gut that made him want to believe her. The feeling was strong enough that it made his entire heart sink. That story felt so familiar; how could she have known about the Blood Moon Squad? She knew about the orphans. No one knew! Except for her?

Sorcha knew what had happened at the camp on that night? And Yeoun also felt the faint memories of that night that Chorong entered the camp. Only...he couldn't remember. Still...something wasn't right about all of it. None of it sat well with him.

Breaking into his train of thought, Yeoun couldn't focus while Sorcha began jumping up and down on the bed. She stopped after a moment though, and he watched her fall back onto the bed, laying there. How could she be doing something like that at a time like this? Yeoun fought the urge to roll his eyes at her antics, even if she was supposed to be 'working'. She'd effectively put him in a bad mood, confused him, and now this?

The boy's eyes narrowed on her, seeming to have missed her joke on him -until possibly just then, because all of a sudden, he was in on the game. "It's not as convincing unless I join you." Yeoun's short sword was out, and he'd hoped he might elicit sounds of surprise from her that might add to their 'bedroom excitement' as he was quickly on top of her, shaking the headboard and the bed underneath them; a reverse-gripped weapon was held to her throat. Of course, if she was skilled and had her own weapon handy, he didn't mind if they rolled around a bit with each other in the sack. They needed each other for now, so there was no real threat. All they could do was posture.

Yeoun was speaking quietly, "So you're working for the Chorong Rebels? Is that where you get your information? Do you think I'd believe you so easily, trying to connect me with the Chorong? Your stories are no proof I have any relation to him."
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Exam day -Scores announced   Exam day -Scores announced I_icon32Sun May 05, 2013 4:51 pm

After he said join you, she waited to see what he would do. Sorcha was shocked more by the weapon than his assault. Someone’s ego was a little hurt eh? Actually there was a hint of excitement in her blue eyes. At the very idea that this might be dangerous she let out a squeal of delight. Finally a game she would enjoy playing. With the weapon at her throat she could see her heart beating in her chest. The knife at her throat was still so she waited to allow him to say his piece. He clearly thought she was privy to more information than she had.

She used her training both as a pillowcrafter and as a spy to move the young man off of her and roll herself into the dominant position on top of him, straddling his stomach; her dagger was pulled out of her hair which caused it to fall down her back. She pointed it at his throat, her blue eyes evaluating just how easy it would be to kill him and how interesting it would be to watch him die but she had no orders to kill him and he was in fact necessary. Her father would not be okay with killing Yeoun. Besides he was growing on her. Now that he decided to be fun.

“Oh boy, you sure figured that one out quickly. I work for the Chorong Rebels. Do you think normal people go around saying that name in a party full of guards?” She laughed, it was a free almost sarcastic laugh. “Technically you are the proof. You’ll see. They brainwashed you and made you forget. When you remember you’ll know I’ve been honest. I have no reason to lie to you.” She prepared herself for him to force her down again.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Exam day -Scores announced   Exam day -Scores announced I_icon32Sun May 05, 2013 5:20 pm

Yeoun didn't fight her as she brought herself to be on top of him, dagger pointing his way; he was a little surprised at her pulling the dagger from her hair though. And her hair was beautiful as it cascaded down her shoulders and back.

For someone like Yeoun though, who was too focused on his goals to let a woman's physical appeal be much of a distraction for him, he seemed to pay little attention. Not bothering to interrupt her as she did her best to mock him, the thing that made him most mad, was the fact that she continued to assert a knowledge of his past that even he did not have. Why did she act so certain? Why was he so inclined to believe her?! She knew that he was confused, and she was loving it.

"Brainwashed? Who's brainwashed?" His displeasure was showing a little more than previously. Had she really thought she'd bested him by pulling a knife on him? Sure, knives were harder to counter in combat because they were much easier to manipulate, faster too, but smaller blades were Yeoun's specialty, so it was no effort at all to misdirect the aim of her blade, quickly putting her back on the defensive, where her arm and that dagger were locked against her chest by the use of his free hand and his own weapon.

Grunting as he bucked under her, the bed shook again, managing to shift them both so that he could roll her back over. Only this time, sending both of them off the bed and to the floor. The fall jarred both of them, but Yeoun made sure that he came out on top. The fall caused him to release his hold on her, but he quickly replaced his blade in an advantageous position, 'cradled' as it were, at the back of her neck -one of the body's most vulnerable points. Of course, he applied no pressure there but for the natural weight of her own neck and head curved over it, but it would be ever so easy for him to do so. She was still unharmed for now.

"Then let me ask you...if it is true, why tell me now? Is that the only reason you were looking for me?"
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Exam day -Scores announced   Exam day -Scores announced I_icon32Sun May 05, 2013 7:27 pm

She laughed again as they tumbled to the ground. there was something darkly humorous about the situation to her. Even as he was threatening her life with the blade behind her neck. She peered up at him thinking he might as well go through with it now if he planned to kill her. If he did kill her, he had no idea the wrath he might be bringing on himself. She doubted her father would be pleased. "I'm not. I was abandoned at an infirmary and raised by pillowcrafters and their manager." Which meant only that they were high class. "I was raised in the seedy underbelly of Pern. I've seen horrors you cannot even imagine." She said and something in her voice was edgier. She had seen things that would make people squirm. "I've been privy to a much broader knowledge of the world than you have."

Staying where she as for the moment, she stared up at him. There was nothing but truth in her eyes when she spoke. "We couldn't contact you while at the Camp. If as skilled a swordsman as your father was unable to get to you, there was no way anyone else could. It wasn't as if you were mistreated at the Camp and you were given skills which would be an asset to you rather than a hinderance." Which she might add he was using on her right now. "We received word through a Shadowless that a group of you were going t leave the camp. We scouted the area for weeks until it finally did happen. A group of you left the camp. My father said to scout you out and find the one called Yeoun. So when I introduced myself to you at the party I had no idea who you were. It was a way to find out your name so that I could progress from there. "

She didn't fight him now although she wanted to continue their game, she thought perhaps she had pushed him too far. All the excitement had her heart pounding. Her face for once drawn in a more serious expression which actually showed her true age more clearly.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Exam day -Scores announced   Exam day -Scores announced I_icon32Sun May 05, 2013 7:58 pm

Telling her own story, Yeoun once again found himself believing her; no matter how he tried to talk himself into believing otherwise. He had no reason not to believe her, truly, and he thought that she was probably right -if she'd been a pillowcrafter all her life, she probably had witnessed a lot of frightening things. And yes, probably much more frightening than he'd ever borne witness to. His childhood, though traumatic emotionally in some ways, was very regimented and isolated, but not a life of neglect or hatred. At least, not as far as he perceived it. She was right... but again, it kind of angered him that this girl just happened into his life at such an unexpected moment and claimed to know so much about him.

There was no deadly intent from Yeoun though, toward her, perhaps for many reasons, so seeing as that she wasn't playing his game anymore, in a still guarded manner, began withdrawing his blade. Moving away from her, Yeoun went to sit with his back against the chest of drawers nearby, his right knee drawn close to his chest where he could rest his sword arm over it. Leaning his head back for a moment against the drawers there, he watched the young woman, considering her and all her words and what they should mean to him.

At length, he asked perhaps the most important question of all, "What is it that you and the Chorong Rebels want from me? If I am the son of this Chorong of the Rebels, are you simply trying to complete a task he never finished?" To himself he wondered if it looked to her like he needed rescuing? But then he mulled over her words...it had been believed that he was an orphan when he was not, and his father had come to retrieve him. The Guard -the same Guard he was working for- had hunted his family and killed them; and then when his father went to retrieve him, he too was slain.

That left Yeoun with another piece of his own puzzle though. If what Sorcha said was true, and what the Captain at the Blood Moon Camp had said was true, then that means someone at the Blood Moon camp had killed his father. Yeoun had to go there. He would have to find a way to return to his childhood home and find out the rest of the truth. Only this time he wouldn't accept vague half-truths.

Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Exam day -Scores announced   Exam day -Scores announced I_icon32Tue May 07, 2013 1:50 pm

After he moved off of her she got up and sat back on the bed, where it was a good deal more comfortable. She began to wind her hair and the dagger together so that the dagger once more only looked like a hair ornament.

"They said you were intelligent..." She complained as he asked what the Rebels could want with him. It wasn't his fault, she supposed to be raised in a very regimented world meant not being allowed to think outside the box much. Whereas she always had to think more creatively to get what she wanted. Sorcha answered him, trying to be as nice about her answer as possible It was harder than it sounded.

"Well Yeoun, if you use common logic. Why would a group of rebel's want the son of their murdered leader to join them?" She paused letting him mull it over in his head before she answered. "My father has been holding the position until your return. They want you to be their leader."

What she wanted with him? Well that was a completely different question. He was quite fun when he was being murderous. Maybe he could play this game with her again sometime. She was rarely amused by other people, at least not in a way that made her laugh. "I already got what I wanted from you. For now anyways."

Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Exam day -Scores announced   Exam day -Scores announced I_icon32Tue May 07, 2013 6:00 pm

Exam day -Scores announced E1936fc3-5fdc-4731-a563-e66d6c546fc7_zps6ed86393

Though his expression remained fairly neutral, it was obvious still that Yeoun didn't seem to be completely pleased about all of that. He didn't ever seem to react to personal insults; his displeasure stemmed from the fact that she was confirming what he'd already begun to assume. He wanted to hear it from her mouth though.

And her father was the leader of the Chorong Rebels then, currently? And he expected Yeoun to join them and take his father's place? That was something Yeoun was not prepared to hear or even begin to accept. That being the case, whatever he decided, it wouldn't be decided today.

Standing up from where he sat then, Yeoun did not look down as he spoke, but was facing the door. "Do you know who killed him -My father?" A brief pause and for the sake of confirming a curiosity that would not leave him, he added, "And what happens next, if I decide not to join the Chorong?" If he turned them down, would they hunt him until they were able to take his life?
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Exam day -Scores announced   Exam day -Scores announced I_icon32Tue May 07, 2013 7:04 pm

Sorcha knew that she was rubbing Yeoun the wrong way. She had no reason to pretend to be someone she was not around him and her normal personality was not nice. His reaction was to be expected. She tilted her head to look up at him near the doorway. "I do not know who killed your father." She was going to let it rest at that but she wasn't going to be able to dangle something in front of him worth more to him than that piece of information to sway him to join them. "I don't have clearance for that information."

A smile came to her lips but it wasn't a happy smile but more a secretive smile. "It is your choice. No one joins against their will nor would we force you to do so. You will come to us, willingly. In the meantime we will not harm you or your friends unless forced."

She was pretty sure she wouldn't be seeing him any time soon. Though he might not want to now, eventually he would want to know more and when he did, she would be ready to introduce him to the other Rebels. Until then she could only give him limited information.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Exam day -Scores announced   Exam day -Scores announced I_icon32Tue May 07, 2013 7:41 pm

Yeoun wondered if anyone outside of the uncles who raised and trained the orphans of the Blood Moon camp truly knew who was responsible for his father's death, but considering that the Chorong Rebels seemed to know so much about him, it was a chance at finding out. But would it be easier to go through them than to approach the Captain of the Blood Moon camp again? And at what cost would that information come?

Of course, it was likely that they could simply make something up to coerce his cooperation. They could also use it as leverage in the way that they would exchange the information for his joining them. Certainly there were other possibilities as well; all which he would be considering over the next few days.

About to move for the door, he remembered that Sorcha had locked it with a key. "Unlock the door. I'll be going."

As she did so, he went on to inquire, "What's required for me to find out?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exam day -Scores announced   Exam day -Scores announced I_icon32

Back to top Go down

Exam day -Scores announced
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Holds :: Telgar Hold :: Guard Hall & Training Grounds-
Jump to: