Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... now they must watch their abundance of luxuries fall away, making room for the tools of survival, and witness this time of relative peace wither into the same fears that harper's ballads had warned them about for generations.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bun in the oven (Tags: Courisse)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

Bun in the oven (Tags: Courisse) Empty
PostSubject: Bun in the oven (Tags: Courisse)   Bun in the oven (Tags: Courisse) I_icon32Sun May 19, 2013 8:59 am

Lyria’s day was just beginning and her first patient the Headwoman, Courisse. She liked dealing with pregnant women, it was her specialty after all and one couldn’t help but love Eolyn and her cousin. They were both gregarious and kind. Lyria didn’t pry into the story of who the babe’s father was. It was considered rude to bring it up in the first place, there were rumors as always that the baby’s father was someone of great influence which was why she had been allowed to come here.

Lyria had quickly dispelled the rumor that Rihan might be the father after only seeing him one time with his new wife. No one could be more devoted to a woman than he was, it seemed. At least he had eyes for no other woman, not even Courisse. So her own hunch was that it was someone at Igen who had impregnated the woman and that Eolyn being so close with her cousin had convinced her husband to find the other lady a place in their household. Loyalty was a good quality in a person and the Lady Eolyn seemed to possess it.

The Healer had partitioned part of the infirmary off to see the two women without receiving any stares. Eolyn always accompanied her cousin to these visits.

Eolyn had felt a little unwell that morning, queasy really. She didn’t vomit but she couldn’t stand the idea of eating breakfast. She insisted on still going with Courisse to the infirmary, after all if she was ill they would be in the right place to fix it. Eolyn allowed her maids to finish putting her hair in a gold and pearl net before she went to go and find Courisse.

“Ready?” She asked her cousin. “How are you feeling this morning?” Eolyn smiled. She loved the idea that Courisse was having a baby, despite the situation of the babe being without a father. These visits were good for her too though as she learned about the stages of the pregnancy and what was to be expected. She might even be more excited for them than Courisse was.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Bun in the oven (Tags: Courisse)   Bun in the oven (Tags: Courisse) I_icon32Sun May 19, 2013 9:46 am

Through the first number of months, Courisse had been scared and unhappy about the pregnancy, perhaps angry even, but after having discussed with Rihan and Eolyn what they might do to ensure the wellbeing of the baby, knowing that her crime had been abolished completely and after its birth she was free to start over, Courisse's mind had been put to rest. Of course, she had become more and more sad in knowing that she wouldn't be able to keep it, but at least it would be assured a good upbringing.

Courisse wondered though, about their choice of who to foster the child with; shouldn't they find a happily married couple who had no children of their own? But Eolyn and Rihan had both agreed that it would be alright to foster the babe with a woman who was unmarried as long as she was agreeable to it. She tried not to worry over it if they weren't, but...wouldn't that make it more difficult for the woman to marry in the future? Maybe she was simply over-analyzing things.

Smiling in response to her cousin's question, she started, "Surprisingly I haven't felt very sick the entire pregnancy. Not enough to make anything come up from my stomach anyway. Only once or twice." The two of them walked to the infirmary side by side, letting her Lady enter first behind the partition where they would meet with the healer. Of course, Courisse was glad to see the healer; Lyria's generally sunny attitude regarding pregnancies made her feel better about the whole prospect of giving birth, even if the situation she found herself in was less than desirable for someone of her position.
Back to top Go down
https://rainoffire.rpg-board.net
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Bun in the oven (Tags: Courisse)   Bun in the oven (Tags: Courisse) I_icon32Sun May 19, 2013 4:54 pm

"Good morning ladies." Lyria said as she ushered them into the partitioned part of the infirmary. There was a table ready for Courisse to sit on and an extra chair nearby for Eolyn who promptly went to sit in it. Once it seemed that both ladies were settled she began to ask after their health.

"Now I want you to tell me how you've been doing lady Courisse. Try to be specific." So far Courisse seemed to be coming along nicely. She was growing at a good rate and not gaining too much wait. "Are you doing the exercises I suggested?"

Lyria noted that Courisse looked wonderful. Her face had good color, she seemed to be thriving as much as her pregnancy was, while Lady Eolyn seemed more pallid than usual in fact her face was almost an ashen color. Looking past Courisse then, she said, "You seem to be feeling better than your cousin. Lady Eolyn how are you feeling?"

She waited, allowing Courisse to answer the young Healer honestly. Eolyn only came to these for the knowledge and the moral support. She was a little shocked when Lyria asked her how she was feeling. She didn't know what to say at first.

"I've just been nauseous this morning."

"Only this morning?"

"Yes. I decided it was best to forgo breakfast but now I admit I'm famished. The smell of food though, it makes me even more queasy. You don't think I have something catching do you? Should I have stayed away from Courisse? I don't want her to be ill..."

Lyria shook her head, "No, I don't think its catching. Have you been normal, I mean has your cycle been normal."

"Yes and no. I guess what I'm saying is it didn't last long enough and it was very light, mush lighter than usual. I almost didn't notice it."

"And you didn't think anything of it?"

"No, Healer Lyria, please say I'm not ill."

Lyria giggled then, "Oh Lady Eolyn, I don't think you understand..." Courisse might though, maybe her cousin could help the amused healer out.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Bun in the oven (Tags: Courisse)   Bun in the oven (Tags: Courisse) I_icon32Sat May 25, 2013 4:46 pm

Courisse was all smiles and hugged Lyria as they entered, just before taking their seats behind the partition, beyond the eyes of others. Of course Courisse only spouted vague truths about how she'd been caring for herself, but she was feeling just fine, so she hadn't felt the need to 'go overboard' on being extra cautious about her condition. Anyway, she was glad when Lyria decided to focus on Lady Eolyn's queasiness instead.

Listening between the two, Courisse found herself nodding, eyes shifting from one to the other before she, too, began sharing Lyria's own thoughts. Courisse's eyes were wide of astonishment and the girl reached quickly to take Eolyn's hand in her own. "My Lady!"

The astonishment in her expression took a quick turn to become a smile, lowering her voice just barely above an excited whisper, "You must be pregnant, too!" Courisse was just beaming by that point, eyes all a sparkle. It didn't matter if Eolyn wanted to be pregnant or was excited about it; in her current situation she needed to become pregnant and carry a baby to term. In that light, they should be elated over the prospect that that was exactly what was 'wrong' with her condition.

Courisse had turned to Lyria then, commenting, "Don't you think she must be at least six sevendays along then?" But even without waiting for an answer, she'd gone back to talking to Eolyn, "Oh, Eolyn! You must tell Lord Rihan! He will become even more smitten with you."
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Bun in the oven (Tags: Courisse)   Bun in the oven (Tags: Courisse) I_icon32Sun May 26, 2013 9:26 am

A great lifted from her the moment that Courisse said the words, "You must be pregnant, too!" She was almost unaware of her own body. She knew she was holding Courisse’s hand but other than that, she wasn’t entirely sure she was sitting in her chair. She might have been flying for all she knew. It took a few moments for everything to register. When it did though, she jumped up out of the chair, and let go of Courisse’s hand.

Eolyn had no concerns about Rihan’s affections toward her. Even if he wasn’t fond of displaying his love publicly, he had made his feelings for her clear and nothing even her being barren a while longer would have prevented him from loving her. This would bring him a joy neither of them had yet experienced though and with that in mind she couldn’t contain herself.

Lyria watched to see the young lady’s reaction. Well she hadn’t fainted or anything so she guessed the young lady was simply taking it all in. “Where do you think you are going?”
What would a normal couple do under this situation? Probably wait until later when the husband came back from working all day but Eolyn was not very good at being like regular people. “Courisse is right, I need to tell Rihan...”

Shaking her head she watched as Eolyn darted off out of the infirmary. Focusing back on Courisse, she said, “Do you have any concerns about your own pregnancy right now?”Lyria couldn’t examine Eolyn now as the young lady seemed to think her friend meant she should tell Lord Rihan now… like right now. It was sweet in a way, so she couldn’t really be too upset. She would get the young woman in to see her for a visit soon.

Meanwhile Eolyn was sprinting down the corridor, trying to remember what Rihan’s schedule for the day was. Everyone was moving out of her way but she found that running wasn’t really all that good of an idea as it upset her stomach more. She would walk, really quickly. On her trek to find Rihan she thought about how to say what she wanted to say. She was forever preparing the right things to say to him in her mind and then whenever she saw him all of those things seemed to fly out of her head.

Catching one of Rihan’s personal drudges, she asked, breathily, “Do you know where I might find Lord Rihan.”

“He has just come back my Lady. He should be in the Stables.” The man was about to tell her that she might as well wait when she walked off in a hurry.

She opened the door easily because nothing really would get in her way right now. Eolyn was already beyond ecstatic and well beyond behaving properly. When she caught a glimpse of Rihan near the stable, she was not running, but walking as quickly as she could. The skirt of her gown splay out around her as the wind blew it.

Eolyn didn’t notice if he was walking toward her as she was towards him but she knew he had seen her. When she finally was close to him, “Rihan, I have such good news!” She said and promptly threw her arms around his neck. He was probably remembering that Courisse's appointment was today and likely thought Eolyn's happiness stemmed from that. Of course Eolyn had not considered that when she had been vague in her greeting of him.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Bun in the oven (Tags: Courisse)   Bun in the oven (Tags: Courisse) I_icon32Sun May 26, 2013 12:54 pm

At first sight of his wife, Rihan wondered if perhaps something was wrong. Without more than a breath of hesitation, Rihan moved toward Eolyn as she came to him; and then perceiving that the expression she gave was a happy one, he relaxed. The Heir Apparent's mouth lifted from the corners to create an amused grin.

Eolyn's arms encircling his neck, he found her excitement infectious. That grin was broadening into a most curious smile while he inquired after her, "I suppose you're going to tell me soon? Leaving me in such suspense might be dangerous. I'd have to tickle it out of you later." Rihan's own arms encircled her waist then, while those silvery orbs found hers, intent on watching them dance with excitement.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Courisse simply watched, blatant amusement on her features, as Eolyn realized what was being said and then got up and rushed out the door. She didn't bother chasing after her cousin because she didn't need to be present when Eolyn told her husband of the wonderful news, but Courisse was laughing after Eolyn had left them.

Turning back to face Lyria, a hand came up and was placed over her chest as if in astonishment. "Hahah. Oh, I wish I could see the look on Lord Rihan's face when he finds out. What a day! Certainly worth celebrating. I hope that everything continues to go well for her."

Glancing back in the direction of the door through which Eolyn disappeared, Courisse again glanced back to Lyria, addressing her with a more concerned tone, "We will all have to keep a close eye on her, you know. What a terrible thing it would be for them to lose a baby so soon after being married." Courisse didn't find it prudent to mention any more; such as her concern for the fact that the fate of such a marriage might hinge on the success of the pregnancy. After one miscarry or still birth, Rihan could very well decide to annul the whole thing. The peace of Igen and Telgar could take an overnight turn for the worst.

Of course, Courisse was always the kind to have dramatic appeal, so that kind of thing would be on her mind.

Digressing, Courisse's expression sobered even further, "As far as myself, Lyria, I'm doing fine, but I need to ask you something. And I would like for you to consider it for a while before giving me any kind of answer."
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Bun in the oven (Tags: Courisse)   Bun in the oven (Tags: Courisse) I_icon32Sun May 26, 2013 2:30 pm

She giggled, "I could keep you in suspense." Eolyn said mischievously. "But I don't think I could hold it in that long." She was so excited she was sure she was trembling. "I am with child." And she couldn't be happier about it. Her eyes were searching his for what he was feeling.

--

Lyria agreed with Courisse. "I hope so to." She wasn't thinking that the worst would happen but as a healer she had to prepare herself for that so she could help. She had to hope for the best and prepare for the worst and all outcomes in between that and the best.

"She will be a good mother and so will you." Lyria said, unaware at the moment that Courisse was having to give her child up. Smiling at her patient, "Alright." She said, a hint of concern coming to the forefront of her mind.

Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Bun in the oven (Tags: Courisse)   Bun in the oven (Tags: Courisse) I_icon32Sun May 26, 2013 7:45 pm

The smile faded from him, but only momentarily. It was just as much of a shock to him at first as it had been to her. But then the smile returned, and Rihan was wrapping his arms about her more tightly. Lifting her up by the waist, he danced in a circle before setting her back on her feet. Then he was nuzzling his nose against her own most affectionately.

It was all an adorable and doting display. He felt more like a man on this day than any other. This wonderful, beautiful woman was carrying his child, and together, they would make a beautiful family to rule over a magnificent Telgar. While supporting her back with one hand, the other lowered to touch over her tummy as if anything could be felt yet. "How many sevendays along did the Healer say? Is everything going well thus far? We'll have to be more careful about things now."

They would have to watch what she ate, the activities she involved herself in..."I will have more drudges on hand to assist you...What did Lyria say?" There were so many things going through his mind at that moment in concern for her, there was no easy way of organizing it all before he spoke.

"Come." As they talked, he motioned to the stable boys to care for the runners while letting his hand fall to take Eolyn's own, leading her inside the Hold.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was no easy way for Courisse to say any of it, so she would have to simply start talking to get it out. So, she started from the beginning; just a short version of he love tale between her and Zahir would do. No one else needed to know the gossip, especially since she'd been purged of any ownership of her wrongdoing here in Telgar. Telgar was a new start for her; she was glad it could be put behind her so to speak.

Well, she didn't really have a choice. If she wanted to continue living a life of privilege and continue being in Eolyn's company, leaving Zahir and her baby behind was the price. She would have to accept those conditions, regardless of how she felt about it. Zahir would never be allowed to wed her, so it was pointless to keep the babe.

Of course, Lyria didn't need to know that much, so she tried to keep it short. "Lyria, please tell no one what I have to say. The baby I'm carrying,... it belongs to the future Lord of Igen Hold. I am not allowed to keep it when it is born." Suddenly, words seemed hard to say. She'd thought through the situation countless times, but admitting everything now to the healer and actually saying things out loud, was very different.

"Heir Apparent Zahir cannot be caught up in the situation either, so as soon as it's born, it will be without parentage. That is the condition on which I am allowed to remain here. So, I wanted to ask if you...might possibly find yourself willing and able to foster the child. If you agree, you will be given an allowance to live on in order to assist you in raising it. Your situation would improve, and certain privileges would be allowed to you in order to give the child a proper upbringing.

"If the child is male, he will be raised in a way suitable that, if Zahir never had a male heir of his own, this one could one day take his place."

Courisse sat back in her chair then, a smile brightening her expression; looking as lively as ever and certainly possessing that pregnant 'glow' just then. Her entire demeanor had transformed within the spans of only a couple of breaths, as if she'd never spoken a word to make pause for serious thought. Both hands folding into her lap, she piped up once more before Lyria could respond. "Well, that's all for today. Thank you for considering my request, Lyria. You'll have to let me know what you decide, soon."

The young lady then got up from her chair to leave, carefully gauging the healer's expression.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Bun in the oven (Tags: Courisse)   Bun in the oven (Tags: Courisse) I_icon32Tue May 28, 2013 5:45 pm

She felt a million times happier seeing him so filled with joy. Eolyn almost wondered at how she could be so deserving of such happiness. Her life had been what she wanted it to be. She must be living in her dreams because being so genuinely happy. Course when he began to ask questions she realized maybe she had been in a bit too much of a hurry. She could partially answer them at least and she knew what Lyria had told Courisse before.

“I think she said more than six sevendays. It is too soon to tell anyone else really but I was just so excited.” Eolyn nodded, “There is no way of knowing how well its going just yet…” She didn’t like thinking that anything could go wrong. The young lady would do her best to focus on positives. “Well, I was so excited and I wanted to tell you straight away so Lyria didn’t have much time to say anything to me but don’t worry, I know what she will say because I have been to all of Courisse’s appointments.”

Eolyn held onto his hand and let him lead her back to the Hold. “I guess this means I need to find a permanent Lady’s maid.” She had yet to find someone who met with her standards. Even if she was being a little picky, she thought she deserved to have someone she trusted implicitly and who could do the job that needed to be done.

---

Lyria listened to Courisse intently. The gossips had it partly right in a way. The babe wasn’t Rihan’s but it was a Lordling’s child. She could only imagine what would happen if word got out about who the father was. It was better kept a secret for the baby’s sake if not Courisse’s. She had no wish to make the young woman concerned. The baby would be healthy and it could be easily fostered in Courisse’s position here. As Courisse went on to explain she needed someone to care for the child, Lyria nodded. Of course the baby would need a mother or father or both.

What she had not been expecting was the woman’s request. She was too shocked to say anything. It must have shown on her face. Lyria had never thought about being a mother, at least not seriously. This would take serious consideration. Saying yes would mean a whole different life for her but saying no would too. Now that this had been put out there, her life would change one way or the other. She would need to think and think long on this subject.
“Alright and I’ll see you back here soon, with Eolyn. “
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Bun in the oven (Tags: Courisse)   Bun in the oven (Tags: Courisse) I_icon32Tue May 28, 2013 7:54 pm

Rihan was very happy about Eolyn's pregnancy indeed; for many reasons. Not the least of which being that he was completely infatuated by her.

Catching a servant's attention as they passed near the kitchens, the man bowing deeply in regards to his Lord and Lady, Rihan bid him bring their evening meal to their bed chambers so that they could eat together, just the two of them. Rihan's hold on his wife's hand was firm but gentle, just like when they danced, as he guided them up the stairs to their room so they could be alone. He was pleased to hear that Eolyn already knew what to expect during her pregnancy somewhat; he was grateful for the reassurance of the increased chances of everything going smoothly. He was equally grateful for Lyria's diligent care, and he would see to visiting with her about his wife's pregnancy soon. Rihan had a few questions of his own. Of course, it was likely that he would simply wait until Eolyn's next checkup to meet with her. For now, there were other things that needed attending.

Reaching their bedchambers, Rihan was smiling as he opened their door wide, drawing Eolyn into his embrace, ushering them into the room. A servant would be close behind with food, so the door was left open for now. Pulling Eolyn against him tightly for a kiss, he released her long enough to begin removing his outer-wear and his shirt, leaving a sculpted upper half of his body bare, skin kissed by a light perspiration from the day's activities.

Turning to Eolyn once more, it was obvious he lusted after her, his adoration of her shown clearly within oculars of stormy grey. Returning to where he could hold her against his chest, one hand came to stroke against the side of her cheek, then dotting little kisses thereupon.

"I can't wait. For everything. But maybe I shouldn't be so eager. I can't wait to see the life together that our future holds with our future family, but I don't want it to pass us by so quickly." Amoungst other unspoken thoughts were that this baby would become such a great purpose in his life. It was exciting to know that such a small but great life would be relying on him and in need of him in order to survive. Even in the beginning of those thoughts, he wondered how much he would learn about being a better Lord Holder simply by having such a life so dependent on him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Courisse seemed happy with Lyria's response, and offered no more on the subject. "Ah, well. I've monopolized more than my share of your time sweet Lyria. Take your time, and we'll visit again soon." The young woman was smiling radiantly as possible as turned to step out from behind the partitioned section of the Infirmary to leave.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Bun in the oven (Tags: Courisse)   Bun in the oven (Tags: Courisse) I_icon32Wed May 29, 2013 1:53 pm

As excited as they were about the child it seemed the excitement was turning to desire. She so rarely saw her husband in the middle of the day. His kiss only confirmed in her mind what should happen now. As he removed his shirt, she caught herself forgetting that the door was slightly open.

He brought her close to him again, his bare chest against her, made her desire heighten. His kisses did not suggest he was going to be at all patient as he spoke of their eagerness. For she was as ready for them to have their own family and start a life as a family as he was. Maybe even more so because she had always wanted children, it was a dream of hers. She didn't even care what it would do to her time to have a little one or what restrictions she would be put under. She would do anything necessary.

She lifted her mouth to his and then pulled away, "We're allowed to be eager and excited and be completely silly about the whole thing. This is the beginning of our family and its something we've been looking forward to." She would not have any patience at all this time around. It was her first child, she wanted him or her here as soon as possible.

Her arms moved around his bare upper body. Even the light perspiration was attractive to her in this moment. Maybe they could stay in here the rest of the afternoon and into the evening. The servants might talk but it wouldn't be so bad for people to know that the Lord and Lady enjoyed one another's company.

Eolyn wasn't sure if she had told him lately how much she loved him. He was the perfect man in her eyes and everything from how he felt about her and how he expressed himself to how he ran the Hold impressed her. How he had handled the news today only made her more in love with who he was.

"I love you." She whispered in his ear.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Bun in the oven (Tags: Courisse)   Bun in the oven (Tags: Courisse) I_icon32Wed May 29, 2013 7:21 pm

After kissing her lips, Eolyn had spoken words of love, but he did not return the sentiment vocally. Instead, he was smiling softly upon her, eyes ever adoring her.

Lowering his head to kiss her once more, he held her more tightly against himself just as two servants came through the door, bowing before they entered. They didn't need to ask permission, they'd already been told to bring food to this particular room, so the food was taken to the round table by the window shaded by various swags of fine fabric. Platters were left covered to keep them warm until ready to be eaten. Once the trays had been situated at the table for the couple, the servant pair moved back to the door, bowing again.

The entire time, Rihan hardly loosened his hold on Eolyn, maintaining the kiss until the table was being set. While he was in the appropriate setting of their bedchambers, the Heir Apparent had no shame when it came to others knowing the depth and likeness of his interest in his wife. They should know that he loved her and desired her. Why should they not see? Looking up long enough to address them, Rihan bid they close the door on their way out -which they did, leaving Rihan and Eolyn to themselves.

"Are you hungry now, or shall we wait until after?" By that time, he was grinning mischievously down at her. He wasn't even sure they were allowed intercourse while she was pregnant; maybe he should ask, but he was truly, deeply in love with her and desired her always.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bun in the oven (Tags: Courisse)   Bun in the oven (Tags: Courisse) I_icon32

Back to top Go down

Bun in the oven (Tags: Courisse)
Page 1 of 1