Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... now they must watch their abundance of luxuries fall away, making room for the tools of survival, and witness this time of relative peace wither into the same fears that harper's ballads had warned them about for generations.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TRH/ Settlement Candidates

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eloaene

Eloaene

TRH/ Settlement Candidates Empty
PostSubject: TRH/ Settlement Candidates   TRH/ Settlement Candidates I_icon32Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:04 am

Kate, I'm sure you can add to this, but I thought I'd get it started. Smile

There's been some chatter about putting together a group of candidates to be Searched for Igen Weyr, from Telgar River Hold/ the Settlement. So far, the group is kind of from all over, because some of them are Holdless who've recently moved to the Settlement, and some of them are crafters, etc, so there are lots of options where background is concerned.

So far, the idea's grown up a little around that, now we have a Weyrling class who gets along well, and is falling head over heels for one another, we should have a class that is opposite. Haha.

So far, two girls are gonna be at eachother's throats.

There's also some siblings who will be going, and a crafter apprentice with a bad rep, who's more likely to be defiant and not get along well with their instructors.

Back to top Go down
https://rainoffire.rpg-board.net
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: TRH/ Settlement Candidates   TRH/ Settlement Candidates I_icon32Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:11 pm

I have two beastcrafter/orphans going and a girl raised at the Hold and is a bully and especially cruel to those who are Holdless or are perceived as weak enough to be picked on.

All three are currently in creation. I know Dreamer was picking up the bully's Stepsister. She has a Step brother as well. And she is not related to them at all, her mother married their father.

As for the beastcrafters. They are kind of quiet and take a while to accept people as friends but perhaps really persistent people would be able to open them up a bit.

Noxaura- holder/bully
Penderrin & Rhysling - beastcrafters
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: TRH/ Settlement Candidates   TRH/ Settlement Candidates I_icon32Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:54 pm

ohhh. Idea! If anyone wants their character to be born into a holdless family, which I may do with my girl I'm planning, Kazage had his own lkittle band of former exiles amoungst other holdless who are traveling there. They might even come in a couple of different groups. Like, an early group willing to help get things started, and a secondary to join them a little later. Maybe those moving with the slower wagons and such could be joining them just before winter. It would be an ideal time to show up at the settlement to settle down.

If anyone wants to have a character besides mine, that's from Kazage's band of holdless arriving there, lemme know, and we can do more plotting around that.

General traits of this particular holdless bunch I can think of off the top of my head:

*They may have been from a smaller holdless band at some point, being persuaded to join Kazage and his ilk for various beneficial reasons, or by force. There have been at least a small handful of raids on the Cave system they've been housed in for turns, by outside holdless bands hoping to take a few goods or stored food, etc. Kazage's band had quite a nice little semi-permanent set up that would have been the envy of some holdless.
Some smaller holdless bands were absorbed into their group in order to be accommodating of those like them; and to add to the size and influence of their own group. Their caves were north eastish of STH.

*If they have always been in Kazage's band, they will have worked hard to try to maintain a semblance amoungst themselves of civilized lifestyle. They have tried to maintain Telgar Hold's traditions. They believe they are the descendants of well-bred and honourable people. Hardworking. Generally Supportive of the Weyrs and of Telgar's holders. Kazage would not let them be anything but. His love is for his family (the holding family), even if he has not known them in the past.

*The general attitude is that they have every right to become proper, respectable citizens of Telgar, since that was who their ancestors once were. Their ancestors were wrongfully driven out of Telgar Hold because they supported the Lord Holder's son -who was exiled. Now they are back to reclaim their right as upstanding citizens. They are happy to be doing so, but some may be suspicious that Telgar won't trust them/ won't admit them so easily.

If the holdless yall want to make are not part of Kazage's band, then its probable that they have heard of him/ known of Kazage's band in the past, or been in previous contact with one another at some point in time.

Anyway, there are just some starts to some possible plot opportunities. Smile Lemme know what yall are thinking.
Back to top Go down
(Ô¸__,Ô)

(Ô¸__,Ô)

PostSubject: Re: TRH/ Settlement Candidates   TRH/ Settlement Candidates I_icon32Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:59 pm

They might not want muh smithy girl to be a part of their settlement. With Amilyn around there might not BE a settlement for long. It all go BOOM. (o_o)
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: TRH/ Settlement Candidates   TRH/ Settlement Candidates I_icon32Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:14 pm

lol. I think it would be rather hillarious.. we could totally arrange for a few things to go Boom in the night.  Anyyyyyway.  There might be some supervision as to how MANY things go BOOM at once, but it could happen >D
Back to top Go down
(Ô¸__,Ô)

(Ô¸__,Ô)

PostSubject: Re: TRH/ Settlement Candidates   TRH/ Settlement Candidates I_icon32Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:07 pm

It is usually her work that goes BOOM. Just be careful where you point her attention. And stand a comfortable 25 meters away.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: TRH/ Settlement Candidates   TRH/ Settlement Candidates I_icon32Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:15 pm

Iiiii have an idea... your Smithy girl could single handedly take out the Rebels! POW!
Back to top Go down
(Ô¸__,Ô)

(Ô¸__,Ô)

PostSubject: Re: TRH/ Settlement Candidates   TRH/ Settlement Candidates I_icon32Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:52 pm

She's not that skanky. That's Courisse's job.

Surprised
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TRH/ Settlement Candidates   TRH/ Settlement Candidates I_icon32

Back to top Go down

TRH/ Settlement Candidates
Page 1 of 1