Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... now they must watch their abundance of luxuries fall away, making room for the tools of survival, and witness this time of relative peace wither into the same fears that harper's ballads had warned them about for generations.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The betrayal. [Tags: Dace!]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eloaene

Eloaene

The betrayal. [Tags: Dace!] Empty
PostSubject: The betrayal. [Tags: Dace!]   The betrayal. [Tags: Dace!] I_icon32Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:08 am

The betrayal. [Tags: Dace!] Yeoun1_zps1f3687fd

Over the last few sevendays, Yeoun had become increasingly distant from the other members of the Blood Moon Squad. He'd been charged with enough responsibilities that he didn't need to fulfill his tasks with the Squad anymore in order to keep himself fully occupied. In fact, he'd been present for the bare minimum of the Blood Moon's daily requirements before disappearing onto one of his long walks somewhere; after which, it usually took him the rest of the day to return. 

Sometimes he'd come home to their barracks seeming exhausted, with scrapes or new bruises, saying that he'd been out practicing his swordsmanship -which wasn't anything unexpected of him necessarily, being as dedicated as he was to the art. Other days he avoided confrontation about where he'd been, sometimes returning even into the wee hours of the morning. Still, other than longer outings than in the past, there was little reason to suspect he had fallen into the hands of their enemy. He'd always been quiet and relatively reserved, so that in and of itself wasn't terribly new. 

The signs though, weren't non existent, and it would have been natural to wonder about just what he'd really been up to, should someone be the deeply skeptical sort. But, then again, being brothers amoungst the Blood Moon Squad since their youth, they had little reason so suspect one another.

The sevenday was at its end, and the streets were full of gathergoers who tended to crowd into the Hold from surrounding areas, in order participate in weekend festivities and trading. Of course, it could be considered that with the opening of the new Settlement district, the streets were already more busy in general. For the time being however, many of the hold's folk were congregated at the gather square, enjoying the music and dancing, feasting and games. 

The three men with whom he'd come to do the job of murder, had waited until that time, when most people would be too preoccupied to notice the disappearance of one man, to ready themselves and make their move. Dressed all in black, with dark bandanna cloths tied to cover the lower half of their faces to conceal their identities, they moved together in silence, waiting for Yeoun's appearance at the designated spot, so that they could assist him if need be, and stand as witnesses to his skill and deed.

Yeoun himself, was dressed in his usual manner, in a cloth of dual hues of dark blue. His weapons strapped across his back, they were the swords which he'd taken to carrying with him lately, instead of a Guard-issued weapon; but the boys of the Blood Moon were not necessarily required to carry a Guard's typical weapon, nor wear Telgar's uniform. The boys had their own method of operation.

While the others had parted ways with them to go check out some street performers putting on a show in front of some Harpers playing, Yeoun prodded Dace before he could follow, "Do you want to get something to eat or drink? I'm hungry. I think there were bubbly pies and fruit sticks being served back this way."

The words were cool and nonchalant as usual, when he was about the Blood Moon Squad; they were all as brothers. Perhaps the most sly of all of them too, Yeoun had well hidden his nervousness over what he planned to do once they were isolated from the rest of their group.

He'd hardly waited for Dace to respond, sure that the other young man wouldn't mind walking with him at least, before he started meandering in the directly of that furthest food-stall, located most closely to the edge of the gather, where another party awaited them. 

Yeoun did not call back over his shoulder though, to tip the others off as to where they were going. Though, he did peer back toward them just briefly from his periphery, to make certain that he and Dace were not being followed.

[sorry its not the bestest post evar, but Dace needs some action. buahahahha!]
Back to top Go down
https://rainoffire.rpg-board.net
TessC

TessC

PostSubject: Re: The betrayal. [Tags: Dace!]   The betrayal. [Tags: Dace!] I_icon32Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:27 am

Eloaene wrote:

-SNIP-
While the others had parted ways with them to go check out some street performers putting on a show in front of some Harpers playing, Yeoun prodded Dace before he could follow, "Do you want to get something to eat or drink? I'm hungry. I think there were bubbly pies and fruit sticks being served back this way."

The words were cool and nonchalant as usual, when he was about the Blood Moon Squad; they were all as brothers. Perhaps the most sly of all of them too, Yeoun had well hidden his nervousness over what he planned to do once they were isolated from the rest of their group.

He'd hardly waited for Dace to respond, sure that the other young man wouldn't mind walking with him at least, before he started meandering in the directly of that furthest food-stall, located most closely to the edge of the gather, where another party awaited them.

At Yeoun's question, Dace glanced over towards the rest of their group, rapidly being absorbed into the milling crowd. As usual, however, his stomach had precedent over more intellectual pleasures.

"Sure," he answered, and then hurried a stride or two to catch up, as Yeoun had moved on without waiting for his reply.

He frowned a little at Yeoun's dark-blue back. Always aloof, Yeoun had recently withdrawn by slow degrees until days passed between words from the older man. Dace was growing concerned, but anxiety was far from him, and suspicion was nowhere on his mental landscape. Maybe this time between the two of them, in the privacy of a crowd, would give him the chance to find out what had been sending Yeoun off from camp and deep into his own mind lately.

Eloaene wrote:

Yeoun did not call back over his shoulder though, to tip the others off as to where they were going. Though, he did peer back toward them just briefly from his periphery, to make certain that he and Dace were not being followed.

That furtive glance back raised not suspicion, but wariness on Dace's part. He followed Yeoun's glance to see what had sparked his friend's attention, then scanned the crowd around them for any subtle sign of aggression or ill-intent.

Other than a very young pickpocket, he saw nothing of interest, and nabbing a sticky-fingered brat wasn't enough to deter him from their mission of filling their bellies. He made note of the young girl's face. She'd be easy enough to call out later, she was wearing Telgar Hold knots.

His professional wariness didn't subside, but an onlooker likely would discern no difference in Dace's casual demeanor as he strode along beside and slightly behind his friend.
Back to top Go down
Sixth Gun

Sixth Gun

PostSubject: Re: The betrayal. [Tags: Dace!]   The betrayal. [Tags: Dace!] I_icon32Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:53 am

Yeoun smiled in his softly endearing way as they walked, thinking that it was typical of Dace to be hungry before the rest of them.

Noticing the young man's eyes scouring the surrounding area, he didn't find that out of the usual, but started to wonder if somehow, he'd tipped Dace off with some peculiar behaviour. Yeoun's gazed turned straight ahead again, as though nothing were out of place.

As they neared the food vendor's stalls, Yeoun's hand searched into his pockets and even under the breast of his tunic, but continued to come up empty for his marks pouch. With the accompanying sounds of distaste, he admitted to Dace, "I can't believe I forgot it. I need to run back to the barracks really quick to get it."

A smirk teased upon his lips in jest, "Kevarre would never let me hear the end of it if he knew I made you pay for all the food." After all, of all the Blood Moon boys in their closely knit group, Yeoun had always been known for upholding the highest standards of courtesy. And he didn't want to have to put up with the teasing later. If there was a later.

"The barracks aren't far. We'll just take a couple of minutes."

Again, he'd started to move before Dace could start to disagree, and led them toward a shortcut that should get them there faster.
Back to top Go down
TessC

TessC

PostSubject: Re: The betrayal. [Tags: Dace!]   The betrayal. [Tags: Dace!] I_icon32Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:28 pm

As they neared the food vendor's stalls, Yeoun's hand searched into his pockets and even under the breast of his tunic, but continued to come up empty for his marks pouch. With the accompanying sounds of distaste, he admitted to Dace, "I can't believe I forgot it. I need to run back to the barracks really quick to get it."

"Before you blame yourself for failing memory, I'd keep a sharp eye out for a little girl in a blue dress and a yellow headscarf, about so high." Dace grinned and held his palm out to somewhere halfway between knee and hip. "Just a tiny wisp of a whelp, but she had fingers halfway to Mastery."

The fact he might have let her get away with Yeoun's marks didn't trouble Dace but an instant or two. The thought of teasing his squad-brother for such an uncharacteristic lapse of attention was far greater than the satisfaction to be had from teasing Yeoun about having granny-memory-- or apprehending a precocious little sneak thief, for that matter.

A smirk teased upon his lips in jest, "Kevarre would never let me hear the end of it if he knew I made you pay for all the food." After all, of all the Blood Moon boys in their closely knit group, Yeoun had always been known for upholding the highest standards of courtesy. And he didn't want to have to put up with the teasing later. If there was a later.

"He may never let you hear the end of it for letting a girl barely out of nappies pinch your pouch," Dace grinned back, eyes crinkling with wicked fun. "If, that is, he hears about it, from, say a brother who's disgruntled by having to pay for his fill of bubblies, or some such happenstance."

Not that he'd let Yeoun pay his full way, when it was time for marks to cross palms, a man did have his pride, but even the slightest of miscalculations on Yeoun's part was a rarity that demanded to be savored to the utmost.

"The barracks aren't far. We'll just take a couple of minutes."

Again, he'd started to move before Dace could start to disagree, and led them toward a shortcut that should get them there faster.

"I do remember the way," Dace drawled, catching up to walk shoulder to shoulder with Yeoun. "I suppose I should follow along anyway, though, just in case you have another momentary lapse of memory...."
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: The betrayal. [Tags: Dace!]   The betrayal. [Tags: Dace!] I_icon32Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:08 pm

Chin jerking back over his shoulder as Yeoun paused mid-stride to look back to find the so-described wee girl in a blue dress, the man's instinct was to try to find her, now that she'd disappeared into the crowds, but on second thought, he didn't want to be the one to take marks from a child's hand. Even if they had been his. He, and all the Blood Moon Squad, knew what it was like growing up with little means. 

Though the disappointment could be seen faintly upon his expression, Yeoun soon turned away from the crowd in that direction. Letting his eyes meet Dace in a daring, if not sly, side-long glare, he was unable to keep the humoured smirk off his face. "I'd much rather Kevarre tease me about being cheap, than about being robbed by a little girl."

Continuing on in the direction of the barracks, Yeoun said no more of it, simply leaving it to a hope that Dace would keep this just between them, out of the goodness of his heart -though he half expected Dace not to, knowing the antics his Blood Moon brothers. And of course, he knew that they would all take great pleasure for a laugh at his expense, considering his nature as a perfectionist.

With some reluctance in his tone, Yeoun asserted, "I guess I still have a few fraction marks hidden under my mattress, I can go back for." 

After that, Yeoun became a little more withdrawn, and quiet again. It could have been that he didn't appreciate the humour at his expense, but in reality, his focus had taken an entirely different turn. Of course, no matter how hard he fought to maintain deeply determined focus, so that his own nervousness did not get the better of him, Yeoun could not avoid the nervousness that had crept into his stomach and threatened to weaken the resolve that had brought him this far. 

What was it worth to him -to be able to achieve everything that he had committed himself to? Was it worth this? Having to betray his friends? Could he really bring himself to kill them?

It was something that Yeoun had spent sleepless nights pondering and trying to justify in his mind, since vowing his fealty to the Chorong's Lord General, after having learned the truth of his heritage. Even if his destiny had changed, parting paths from their own, Yeoun couldn't bring himself to stop caring for his brothers in the Blood Moon Squad; for, it was one thing to pretend to like someone, but pretending not to like someone, was far more difficult. 

Yet here he was, about to commit the unthinkable. And knowing that this was only the beginning of it all, he felt an incredible sense of self loathing; because he knew that he would have to make his friends despise him countless times, in order to deceive and overcome their enemies. This fate was not something he had a say in. Even if he wanted to, he couldn't turn it away -this one chance to bring an end to the rebels.

With that thought in mind, his determination steeled, Yeoun lengthened his gait to bring himself slightly ahead of Dace. Turning the next corner before his friend, Yeoun's hand fell to the hilt of his blade to draw it. Whirling to catch Dace by the shoulder as his Blood-Moon brother followed around the corner in step, Yeoun drew the blade and drove the sinister tip of it through him. all in the same instant. Then, like in a friendly, supportive embrace, Yeoun's free arm drew Dace into him, holding onto him -if not just to keep Dace from struggling. 

Though the bite of his sword must have been a shock to Dace, and even more so, the fact that it was a brother who now turned a blade on him, Yeoun had done his best to avoid cutting into any major arteries or organs. But, to try to ensure that Dace didn't make the injury worse, Yeoun lowered his voice to  whisper fervidly over his friend's shoulder, while that sword-hand still held his weapon in place, "Don't move, Dace. Please, don't move."

With other Chorong agents close by, it was all the mercy he could afford Dace without losing their trust, and likewise, without losing the life of his friend. As long the loss of blood was stemmed, and the wound didn't get infected, what injury Dace had sustained here, wouldn't be lethal. Though, it certainly appeared ghastly enough.

Yeoun eyes welled with tears, formed of new-found agony that he tried hard to swallow, as he held the other man against him with one arm, willing that his muscles did not tremor in protest. He had to hang onto the hope that in some way, Dace would understand that he had actually saved his life. A fact that may have become more apparent as, from the uneven shadows, other rebel agents appeared into view, taking time to appreciate Yeoun's handy work.
Back to top Go down
https://rainoffire.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The betrayal. [Tags: Dace!]   The betrayal. [Tags: Dace!] I_icon32

Back to top Go down

The betrayal. [Tags: Dace!]
Page 1 of 1