Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... now they must watch their abundance of luxuries fall away, making room for the tools of survival, and witness this time of relative peace wither into the same fears that harper's ballads had warned them about for generations.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lady Katira-The Fiery Redhead

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cadence

Cadence

Lady Katira-The Fiery Redhead Empty
PostSubject: Lady Katira-The Fiery Redhead   Lady Katira-The Fiery Redhead I_icon32Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:46 pm

:: OOC Information ::
Moniker:
Cadence
How did you hear about us?:
Websearch

:: Character Information ::
Name:
Katira

Pronunciation:
Kah-TEER-ah

Title:
Lady

Age/ Turn of Birth:
17/ Turn 485

Place of Birth:
Igen Hold

Place of Residence:
Igen Hold (for now)

Occupation/ Role:
Daughter of Igen Lord Holder. Future bride of Kazage.

Character Aspirations:
To become a Lady Holder and command the power and respect that the role entails as well as for the challenge of running a hold "on her own"

Family:
Father:
Qisbon, Lord Holder of Igen, 64 Turns
Mother:
Luaya, Lady Holder of Igen, 52 Turns
Siblings:
Rhea (f, 30) married to a Minor Holder in Bitra Hold
Zahir (m, 28) heir
Ladli (f, 25) married to a Minor Holder in Keroon Hold
Eolyn (f, 22) married to Lord Holder of Telgar River Hold
Children:
None, but she's definitely willing to have some.
Other Significant:

Appearance:
Lady Katira-The Fiery Redhead Katria12

Face:Unknown
Hair:
Red, though she carries some of her elder sister's blonde in highlights, usually worn down and long enough to touch her hips.
Eyes:
Dark grey-blue, striking against her light skin and red hair and usually holding either a determined or mischievous intensity, though they are capable of softening to a calm, gentle cool when showing her more compassionate side.
Height:
5'6"
Build:
Petite/sporty, for the most part, though she is fairly busty in the chest making it difficult to fit for clothing and often must have them custom made just to accommodate the size difference between waist and bust.
Style of Dress:
Usually simple-cut, though high quality, dresses of various colors accented by sashes either around her shoulders or her waist, depending on her mood that day. She also sometimes will wear a decorative clip to keep the right side of her hair back a little, though more out of looks than any sort of function.
Possessions usually found on persona:
A ribbon to tie her hair back fully when necessary, usually tied around her wrist or her sash in some fashion. As for jewels, she's never been terribly fond of the space they take up and so uses them sparingly, if at all.

History:
The Lord and Lady Holders should have known from her first, angry scream that their beautiful little Katira would always have a rebellious streak. Even as an infant she did not ask for her feedings, she demanded them, and as a tot she was extremely picky about what and when she ate. She was not an easy child, to say the least.

As she grew older, she became less fussy, but no less stubborn or demanding and had no issues telling anyone and everyone what she felt. She often preferred to play with the boys and would more often than not come home dirty and scuffed. This was most certainly not the lady-like behavior her parents hand hoped and expected of her, especially after having experienced her much better-behaved sister Eolyn. At age five, they decided it was time for some much-needed lessons and training in being a Lady.

When fussing, screaming, kicking, and escaping didn't work to get her out of the lessons, Katira finally grudgingly accepted them. After a while, the incidents of dirty clothes and scuffed knees became less and less. A she grew, she took to the lessons and lady-like behavior much more readily, especially after she discovered that she could get her way much easier through diplomacy and manipulation (which, of course, was a much more lady-like way to go about it). That still hasn't stopped her temper-tantrums, however, when she doesn't get her way even after those tactics.

When Katira finally got into the other courses, however, she dove right in. Runner riding was a fast favorite, and she excelled at archery with her intense gaze to guide her arrow. However, much to her dismay, her father highly disapproved of her involvement in archery, allowing her to continue very grudgingly and only with stationary targets after she had thrown a very large and very drawn out fit that lasted days. Even then, he kept her as busy with other lessons and chores as he could to keep her away from the bow and arrow, though that hardly stopped her from sneaking out every now and then for some practice. In her Harper lessons, she took quite a liking to playing the harp, an instrument that appeared to have quite a sobering effect on the girl and anyone who knew her would know whenever she had just finished playing by her calm, happy mood. Much like Eolyn, she very much enjoyed her Healer lessons and quickly developed a knack for diagnosis and understanding the body systems.

Her womanhood came at a time average for most girls, and her body quickly developed afterward. Combined with her outgoing nature, her family worried greatly that her virginity would quickly be compromised. However, the girl was determined to marry a Lord Holder's son and so made a vow to hold onto her station. Even so, her lessons and schedule filled up to an almost intolerable amount. But she knew it was for the best, and so tried her darndest to keep up.

And then her sister moved away, married off to a Lord Holder's son. Katira shut herself away for two full days, refusing to budge from her room. Her favorite sister was gone, not that she saw her very often anyway, but the times she did get to spend with her were wonderful. And on top of that, her sister was now in the life that she, herself, wanted: a handsome young Holder heir. It wasn't fair! Sure, Eolyn was older than her and so had priority in marriage choices, she was also much more a lady than Katira, but the girl's teenage irrational emotions would not be stopped.

After two days she emerged, her mood foul and determined as ever to set herself to her studies and get what she wanted.

Personality:
~Proud:Katira is proud to a fault. She rarely accepts anything she considers to be below her and does not suffer incompetence easily.
~Determined: She will get her way, one way or another, and will try multiple tactics to get it. When things don't go her way, she tends to fly off the handle with a rather hot temper.
~Manipulative: The first tactic she usually goes with is manipulation, whether it be through playing up her girlish charms, talking around the situation, or even playing one person against the other.
~Snide: Kat is not afraid to be sarcastic and jeering, especially if the person she is dealing with is someone she dislikes.
~Caring: Despite her rough outer shell, Katira can be quite kind and compassionate. This especially comes out when it comes to her elder sister, Eolyn, and with anyone suffering in some way.
~Playful: If you're her friend, or someone she's decided isn't too terrible, she can be quite playful, enjoying small, silly pranks or mischievous teasing all in good fun.
~Observant: She knows when to stop and listen, and listen she does. Kat can often figure out what's going on with a situation or person simply by watching and silently deciding on her actions.

Shortcomings:
~Stubborn: Katira's pride often gets her on the bad side of others simply because she refuses to budge. When she gets in a mood, she can often miss the details and miss out on opportunities.
~Temper: Her hot temper can often get her into trouble. If not trouble, then it can drive people away despite how much she might not mean what she says in the heat of the moment.

Mannerisms/ Habits:
~Head tilt and narrowed eyes when listening intently.
~Fiddling with her sash when bored, thinking or irritated
~Idly picking apart leaves in similar circumstances to when fiddling with her sash, but only when the leaves are available.

Skills/ Likes:
[Archery]: The challenge of hitting her mark is a thrill to her.
[Playing the Harp]: It calms her greatly and sets her mind at ease.

Unskilled at/ Dislikes:
[Making new friends]: Her coarse nature tends to push people away, making it difficult for her to make friends. However, the ones she does manage to keep she is incredibly loyal to and will defend without hesitation.
[People trying to manipulate her]: Quite the double standard, as she's usually the one manipulating, but she hates it when people beat around the bush about things or making it a point to hide their actions in some way or another to where she cannot determine what is going on by her usual method of watching and listening.

Fighting Style/ Weapon of Choice:
Archery

:: Distinguished Persons' Information ::
Character Views on Thread:
"Wait and see." It hasn't been around for quite some time, but all those songs and tales and warnings about it have got to have some merit, right? But who knows, maybe it'll never come back, this time.

Character Views on Hold/ Weyr Relationships:
They should really find a way to make some sort of commodity themselves to use as trade. Sure, back when Thread was falling their "Trade" was protection, but without that threat hanging over their heads (literally) continuing to tithe seems rather one-sided.
That's not to say she doesn't think they're useless, especially if Thread really does come back.

Experience in Hold Management:
Lord Holder's Daughter. Lessons, keeping charge of the store rooms and inventory stock lists, ensuring drudges kept up with cleaning the rooms and laundry, keeping watch over Kitchen matters.

Last edited by Cadence on Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:29 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Lady Katira-The Fiery Redhead   Lady Katira-The Fiery Redhead I_icon32Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:20 pm

Hmm. I'm not sure i have anything to critique on the bio. Kate probably has more to say, bc it's her character's family >D   Though, I was wondering if she's going to grow to be any taller? 5'3" is super short for pern women, with avg at 5'7". Though she is still young, but at 17, shouldn't she be pretty close to her adult height? hmm... anyway. ^.^ 

BTW, lol Kazage is gonna love her instrument playing. He'll like to sit and listen to her.  But he will find her temper and snide remarks irritating, but her fiery side both amusing and attractive. haha.
Back to top Go down
https://rainoffire.rpg-board.net
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Lady Katira-The Fiery Redhead   Lady Katira-The Fiery Redhead I_icon32Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:40 pm

Hey Cadence! Sorry for the delay! (This whole having a baby thing is harder than it seems)

You are more than welcome to keep her petite since Eolyn is quite short and they are related rather closely. haha. However 5'6" is still considered below average so that should still work Smile Totally up to you.

Critique time

Family - need to delete out Havala

Personality - I would add manipulative to the list and expand on that since it is mentioned in dislikes. Description for intelligent seems to follow more along the lines of observant/detail oriented. Not that she can't also be intelligent but you might want to make them two separate things.

Archery - While I see this as being okay... I would try to make it very clear that her father disapproves. She wouldn't be allowed to do much with it other than target practice and she would be kept from doing it as often as possible. Doesn't mean she can't do it or shouldn't just keep in mind that it wouldn't be something they would condone or want for her. It would be a challenge for her to get time to practice.

Maybe expand on her Hold Management experience. This will be important later, especially if she spent less time doing one thing in particular or more time doing something else.

She looks great otherwise.

Again so sorry for the delay!
Back to top Go down
Cadence

Cadence

PostSubject: Re: Lady Katira-The Fiery Redhead   Lady Katira-The Fiery Redhead I_icon32Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:31 pm

No worries, I figured you'd be busy with baby XD

And I've apparently been busy with school, too, so...yeah >_>

Anyway, I believe I have updated all the things you mentioned, but please let me know if there's anything else I should expand on or ad Smile
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: Lady Katira-The Fiery Redhead   Lady Katira-The Fiery Redhead I_icon32Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:21 pm

Approved Smile

(I'm working on finishing up that thread where Eolyn suggests Kazage as a suitor for her sister)
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: Lady Katira-The Fiery Redhead   Lady Katira-The Fiery Redhead I_icon32Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:10 pm

you two should totally do a thread with the two of them writing in letters back ad forth a couple times talking about the betrothal. maybe "after the fact" of their father agreeing to it or some such maybe.. or whenever she finds out about it. 

Eolyn: 

"dear sister, 

I love you.  But just so you know, I'm throwing you to the wolves. 

Much love,
Eolyn

P.s. not to rub it in, aren't you glad i got to marry the future lord holder, instead? Razz  but since they're probably cousins, they might fight over right to lord holder later. then we can be frienemies AND sister-cousin-in-laws. Smile "
Back to top Go down
https://rainoffire.rpg-board.net
Cadence

Cadence

PostSubject: Re: Lady Katira-The Fiery Redhead   Lady Katira-The Fiery Redhead I_icon32Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:10 pm

HAHAHAh omg XD

and YAY!!! 8D
Back to top Go down
(Ô¸__,Ô)

(Ô¸__,Ô)

PostSubject: Re: Lady Katira-The Fiery Redhead   Lady Katira-The Fiery Redhead I_icon32Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:03 pm

Galaeanyss demands that Katira and the other recent Junior Ladies' Approval be revoked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lady Katira-The Fiery Redhead   Lady Katira-The Fiery Redhead I_icon32

Back to top Go down

Lady Katira-The Fiery Redhead
Page 1 of 1