Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... now they must watch their abundance of luxuries fall away, making room for the tools of survival, and witness this time of relative peace wither into the same fears that harper's ballads had warned them about for generations.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 5 I_icon32Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:46 am

Sh’nar was surprised although maybe he shouldn’t be at S’jiro suddenly joining in on the conversation only to defend his rank. He had to wonder though, if the other Bronzerider disliked the girl so much why was she here? Feeling there was no need to say or add anything to S’jiro’s statement he wondered if the girl was growing used to being treated as someone without any real power. There was only one reason to befriend people like S’jiro and himself, that was for power and authority. That was how Sh’nar saw the world.

How Veyani saw the world was quite different. She wanted to befriend people because she wanted to know them, she was curious about them and she liked having friends. S’jiro just made things difficult. As with his comment just now, she gave him an irritated sideways glance before munching on meat roll. His statement about Tsuki having invited her to the group caused her to wonder for a moment. Perhaps he was blaming it on his sister because the boys would be more understanding. Or maybe it really had been Tsuki who invited her to join the group?

She did not eat a lot of food at once so it was really no surprise when she only had a little of what was on her plate before Tsuki arrived. Nodding she stood up. “Really?” her brown eyes widened as she asked curious about the tea flowers. As Tsuki had suspected she wasn’t having any fun. They sucked the fun out of meal time and she was already regretting her time in the Weyrhall. There was much too much going on in this place. She was indeed tired of these Bronzeriders and a little girl time wouldn’t be unwelcome either.

Veyani took the other girl’s arm and began to almost lead her away. She wanted out of this place! More so because of where it was than because of whom she was with. “Let’s go.” A little time away from S’jiro wouldn’t be a bad thing right about now. “Thank you for lunch oh Bronzeriders…” She said with a hint of sarcasm. They might be her betters in their own minds but she just saw them as a bunch of cocky young men who had nothing better to do than learn how to hold a fork appropriately.

Sh’nar greeted Tsuki when the others did but gave her no special treatment. He’d had to be very careful of what he said and how he said it when Tsuki was around. S’jiro didn’t like what had happened between them and it was better to keep her at a distance for that alone. He had other reasons as well of course but the main reason would always be S’jiro’s friendship. He wasn’t likely to make more friends, so he didn’t want to lose the ones he had now. An amused smir rose to his face as the girls departed.

“Why does she always pick the strangest ones for her friends? The other girls are going to eat her alive…she's hopeless.” He said after the girls were out of ear shot.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 5 I_icon32Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:26 pm

S'jiro watched fater the girls for a moment as well, heaving a deep breath before going on to appreciate his meal. Sh'nar was right in his assessment of Veyani -the high class girls that frequently accompanied the Bronzer four, would likely quickly overwhelm the girl with their own brand of hazing. No one could protect her now. Veyani would have to find a way to survive on her own, if she wanted to win their bet.

Escaping with Veyani to her own weyr, Tsuki tried to explain, "Sorry about wisking you away before you had time to finish a meal...Actually, there's something that I need to talk to you about." The girl's doe-eyes met Veyani's own, letting her in on the real reason she had wanted them to meet.

As they entered, it was noticable that Tsuki's own living quarters were not as sizable as her brother's, but the furnishings were just as decadent. Her private space was not as simplistically adorned as S'jiro's, who prefered a very clean and uncluttered look, whereas Tsuki didn't seem to mind organized clutter or over-decoration in some instances. Perhaps that was for the sake of hanging on to certain things which held sentimental value. Things that reminded her of a time in her past where those things represented the fullest affection of her parents. Now, though they still loved her as their daughter, they had made it a point of making her their 'independednt' little girl who was sharing her talents of teaching to Weyr youths. That was their new-found pride in her. It was the life they had fashioned her into, leaving S'jiro and the Bronzerider circle as her only option for the kind of love and acceptance she desired. She was too shy to reach out to others on her own typically, to make new friends, so those she associated with were within the Harper circle and within S'jiro's circle.

Closing the door behind them, Tsuki took Veyani to the little round table where she'd a kettle with hot water over a small, portable burner, waiting. Tsuki glady took the kettle's handle in one hand, tipping its spout as the other hand quaintly touched at the lid with frail fingertips to be sure it didn't pop open and spill. The entire gesture was artful in itself, her grace and poise seeming to mark every motion effortlessly.

Everything in her room seemed to be the same; everything was beautiful or held some sort of artistic quality. It must have been that before the accident that left her scarred, she was probably a very outgoing and curious person; but events had done well to oppress that quality in her. Maybe that is why she and Veyani would get along well. They were actually quite alike in those ways.

Tsuki was smiling from behind a sheer, pale yellow veil that draped over the bridge of her nose; its colour brought out the light colour of honey in her eyes. Having poured her own cup then, she watched the flower in the bottom of it blossom, its petals each gradually unfolding in a fantastic display of purple. "Isn't it lovely?"

She had paused to appreciate the flower blooming, but afterward, quickly returned to her reason for bringing Veyani here. Anyway, she would need to speak her thoughts sooner rather than later, because Tsuki had put ample amounts of fellis in the bottom of the cup with the tea flower, though the blossom, even closed, was large enough to hide traces of it. And the fellis was quickly infused through the water as the flower itself darkened the water with its own essence.

"Veya, you do realize what S'jiro is trying to do, don't you? By allowing you into their clique?" Tsuki seemed to sigh at that, a little disappointed by her brother's stubbornness. "But you're just as stubborn as he is, aren't you? I'm counting on that."

Her smile grew with that thought, looking up to meet Veyani's eyes after she took a drink of her tea, which had had long enough to steep that it now had a light, sweet flavour. "Sojiro is able to play it cool and then anger people at will. But that's just a facade he uses to be the role model. Obviously wielding that kind of attitude has its draw backs, but I think most people like the merciless Sojiro better than the brother that I know. I get this sinking feeling though, that one day people will start to tire of it and abandon him. They will realize that he is a coward who cannot fail because of birthright or Impression, but for as long as he's been in the lime light, he's never truly confronted the fact that he has achieved nothing in his life.

"Granted, his age and experience within a Wing is still a factor when it comes to certain promotions; but still... I don't want to see him like that forever. I promise you he's much more capable. I'm sure it's not what he really wants either." Tsuki looked down to her lap then, continuing that thought. "So, I hope you'll understand when I tell you that it's good to see the two of you together. He needs a girl in his life whose as stubborn as him. And Veya,... outside of the Bronzerider Four, you're the only person who accepts him as he is -even if that is completely his own fault.

"So, you can't abandon him, Veya. You already chose to fight him, so I need to ask you to continue doing so. I will help you any way I can. Even if the outcome determines no winner, Sojiro is different when he's around you. You're the only one who can break down his walls."  And with a sly grin, revealing herself to be just as calculating as any of the Bronze Four, Tsuki emphasized, "All of them."
Back to top Go down
https://rainoffire.rpg-board.net
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 5 I_icon32Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:39 pm

"My care is like my shadow
Laid bare beneath the sun
It follows me at all times
and flies when I pursue it.

Some gentler love doth ease itself
Into my heart and mind.
For I am soft and made of snow
Love, be more cruel or so be kind."

Even if she had to be stuck with the upper crust girls later, at least she knew Tsuki would not join in to make her feel like a lesser person. Veyani had endured the teasing of those in and outside her family for a long time. A few Hold girls wouldn’t be so hard to handle, even if others might think differently. Tsuki wanting to talk to her was fine and she reassured the other girl that she hadn’t much of an appetite anyway, “I never finish a meal here. I’m not used to eating so much at one time.” Her family didn’t starve by any means but they ate smaller portions than people at the Weyr.

As they entered Tsuki’s living quarters Veya was once more astounded at the decadent lifestyle of the few. They had beautiful things surrounding them, both S’jiro and Tsuki but in the end the items which they gave high value to, were simply things. Veyani saw no reason to cling to items more so than people. They could not help how they were raised she supposed. No more than she could be anything but who she was but she could aspire to be something different from what was expected of her where they seemed rather determined to be exactly what other people wanted them to be.

Veyani wondered what Tsuki might need to discuss with her but her attention was soon grabbed by the tea. Her eyes widened as she watched what seemed to be a mixture of magic and art come alive before her, The simplest things could create such beauty. It was clear to her on seeing Tsuki’s room that the other girl cared much about beauty and artistry. This was no crime of course; everyone had something which they were drawn to. Veya just seemed more interested in knowledge than in acquiring things of beauty.

Taking a sip from the tea that was given to her, out of politeness more than anything she listened to what Tsuki had to say. At first she was a little shocked. Did she know something Veyani did not know? S’jiro hated her, loathed her company, saw her as a nuisance and he honestly believed she was worthless and low. Much lower than she would ever believe herself to be, though she had to admit she didn’t have any true interest in being equals with S’jiro’s group of friends, she was only doing it to prove a point. A point which was obviously going to be more than it seemed.

“He might decide for himself what kind of man he wants to be and what he wants to accomplish better if other people didn’t plan it out for him.” She was referring to their parents. However she had decided for herself even with a life planned out for her. Whoa, whoa whoa, wait a minute. She had already determined that spending time with S’jiro would only be bad for her. But how could she tell Tsuki that her brother’s attentions were making her emotionally strained? She was so confused and frustrated and she wanted to rail at someone but there wasn’t anyone to do that to here. She had begun something she wasn’t sure she could finish.

“Tsuki, I don’t know if that’s such a good idea…” Veya sipped another small amount of tea. “S’jiro hates me. He’s made that clearer than a crystal pool.” She sighed, “I want to help him. I will continue to argue my own opinions with him but I am not sure if he takes any of them to heart. He sees me as a young girl, who has silly opinions from a low born class. I am so confused right now and angry and then I suddenly feel perfectly content and happy with it all before becoming angry and confused again.”

She bit her lower lip, “I’m trying not to fall in love with him Tsuki. I’ve been trying very hard not to since we first met and now I don’t think my resistance is strong enough. If I fall for him, he’ll use my heart against me and cause me more pain than I care to feel.” She looked back at Tsuki, her hands still holding the cup in her hands. Before she knew it a yawn escaped her lips. She must be tired from her little tryst with S’jiro. Which was another thing entirely; that he lusted after her there was no doubt in her mind. And she was perfectly alright with being a subject of his physical desire.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 5 I_icon32Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:45 pm

Tsuki had listened to everything Veya had to say before replying, and her expression was one of shock when her new friend freely stated that she might even be falling in love with S'jiro. It took her a moment to recover from that admission! But when Veyani was done talking, she took time to respond to Veya's first comment first. "I think that is precisely why Sojiro came to the Weyr -to get away from the pressures of having to do what he didn't feel was right for him. But until now, no one has had the guts to make him realize anything beyond that. Sometime she's so quiet, I wonder if he considers his future at all."

Clearing her throat, the harper was drinking of her tea again before going on, trying to find the best way of putting her thoughts together for Veyani. "If we cannot break free of something, how can we move forward. If we don't break away, we are stuck where we are, right? I think that's S'jiro's complication. He hasn't truly broken free of the kind of person he used to be, and the kind of life he used to live at High Hill Hold, and until he does, he might just remain as he is forever. But...being my brother, I know his heart in another way. I honestly believe that he wants more than that, but there are strings attached to him that haven't been cut loose yet."

Sipping on her tea again, Tsuki was full of the hope that Veyani would agree to help S'jiro. She did understand that she was asking a near-impossible task; but it was something she'd come to believe that only Veya could accomplish. She had faith in that. "You may think that my brother hates you but... I don't believe that's true." Meeting the other girl's eyes, it shown that Tsuki was completely serious about that assessment. "Sojiro never takes an interest in anyone outside of the Bronze Four unless it's within his own Wing. But instead of continuing to pawn off the responsibility of bullying you to someone else, as he usually does, he's taken a personal interest in you. He's obsessed with you. He's not himself when he's around you. I think that you effectively confound him, and... I would dare to say even, that he is deeply intrigued by you."

It was a hesitant thought that followed, but no less honest, in Tsuki's mind. "I think he might even...return your feelings. Of course, he'd never admit it." Not any time soon, anyway. But Tsuki couldn't help but laugh a little over that bullheadedness of his.

"Either way, unless you plan to give up now, you have to keep doing exactly what you've been doing. Hey, it's been working thus far; I think we'll end up with good results with a little persistence." Grinning again, Tsuki bit her lower lip and then started swinging her legs under her chair, excited about the potential prospects of their mission.

"Anyway, don't give up just yet. Pleaaase. You have to promise. Promise to break his walls." And Tsuki felt like it was something she could ask of Veya, because she could see Veya's chipping away at them already, whether she knew it or not.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 5 I_icon32Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:50 pm

“You just claimed he was stubborn, so how am I supposed to change his view of himself?” She didn’t know. Whatever she said he had a counter for or simply became indignant. Veyani did not take his words as the truth of what would happen. As Tsuki spoke of his not hating her, she wanted to say he didn’t a pretty good job of pretending otherwise. Something seemed to trigger thoughts though of how he could be at times. He could be strangely kind and loving towards her when he thought it could be played off as something else.

Sipping some more tea, she felt her throat close up, her heart pounding in her chest. She had no idea that he had singled her out. She thought he did this sort of thing all of the time. After being hurt, he was simply doing his duty, trying to keep her safe before letting her loose into the Weyr again. It had not occurred to her that he might truly be concerned. If only his little display earlier had been believable, she would have been a little less rude. Maybe it was genuine and then he covered it up with his disdain and sarcasm.

Even as Tsuki said he might return her feelings she could feel her body growing tired. ”I sometimes think he does feel something but then he has two natures. One he shows to everyone and one he keeps inside. I agree with you, he keeps to himself too much. If he talked to other people about what he was thinking or feeling he would be able to break himself free and feel free to love where he wanted without worrying about what people around him think. You don’t suppose he might be trying to fight any kind feelings towards me? Like forcing himself to put some distance between us? It would make some sense but I wonder why, other than my being a farm girl, he would want to? Surely he could pretend to like me and then discard me any time in front of his friends.”

Veyani would never allow other people to determine how she felt or for whom. There were very few situations that would stop her from pursuing her own heart and her own dreams. Her biggest dream was to become a rider, maybe even a Searchrider? She would love that. Veya had no desire to be a Goldrider, which perhaps was another reason for the Bronzeriders to treat her unkindly.

“And you say I’m stubborn.” She smiled and gave a short laugh. A yawn escaped her again. “I’m sorry, I’m so tired.” She set the tea cup back on the table and leaned her elbows forward on the table to hold her head up. “I promise I’ll try.” Her eye lids fell heavily so that she was asleep within seconds. Her arms collapsed beneath her head which fell forward to rest on her arms.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 5 I_icon32Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:40 pm

Tsuki understood Veyani's concern, but seeing as Veyani got long winded in her voicing that concern, the harper wasn't able to say anything more before the fellis got the better of Veyani. Watching Veya slump to the table, under the drug's full sleeping effects, she pulled the tea cup back so that nothing was spilled, and then got up to leave the room.

A short while later, Tsuki had returned with a couple of drudges who helped her move Veyani, bathe her in water scented with floral oils and then put her in some fresh clothes. They treated her skin with an expensive cream that gave her entire complexion a radian glow, and touched her face up with a little makeup. The girl's hair was done up in an elegant fashion with a few curls that were hardly necessary, because her blonde hair was naturally wavy enough not to be too plain.

Tsuki had spent some time figuring out what kind of dress she wanted to fit the girl into -one that would be appealing to her brother also. What she came up with was a beautiful, classic black dress that was knee-length, covered in feminine lace. It was a simple design that belled at the waist, the neckline not too low. Low heels, also in black, with pointed toes were slipped onto her feet, and a dainty golden strand was hung about her neck with a small diamond pendant.

When everything about Veyani was perfect in Tsuki's eyes, the drudges once more helped to move her, setting her in a chair before a full-length mirror that stood in the corner of the room. There, she would remain until she awoke, only to find herself in a much more beatific state than when she fell asleep.

S'jiro had cleaned himself up and then slept for a bit before coming to visit his sister. They had had a little while to visit before she ended up leaving with another of the weyr's harpers to plan out lessons for the coming weeks. That left S'jiro by himself to watch over Veyani until she awoke -at which point he'd drag her to a gathering of the Bronze clique for their weekly games. Games that would likely involve cards and some sort of gambling.

After his sister had gone, the Bronzerider brought his chair to sit behind Veyani, where he could see her, and where she could see him at a distance through the mirror -but she might likely be too engrossed with her own dramatic transformation to see him there. He had to admit... Veyani was very beautiful.

Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 5 I_icon32Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:22 pm

Her eyes opened slowly and then suddenly she realized she had fallen asleep in the middle of tea time. Straightening her upper body in the chair she was sitting in, it took her a moment to notice the mirror. At first she wasn’t sure it was a mirror. There was someone there but it wasn’t her. Looking down at what she was wearing she realized that she was indeed what was reflecting in the mirror. She stood, feeling the strange shoes on her feet made her look down at them.

Once she had looked the shoes over and walked slowly in the closer to the mirror, she touched the dress and looked at how it fit her. She wasn’t sure what to think now. Why had she fallen asleep so suddenly? Had Tsuki drugged her? Her unwillingness to wear a dress must have been made aware to the other girl. Next Veyani’s hand went to touch her hair. The last thing she noticed was the gold chain with the jewel. Unaware that such fabric existed, she found the dress oddly comfortable. She also found that wearing a gem of any kind made her feel ten times more uncomfortable than the dress did. No one in her family had ever seen a jewel like this, let alone wear one. If her eyes were wide in amazement, there was every reason for them to be.

Her thoughts drifting back to her missing host, she hoped that Tsuki wasn’t put out by all this. Maybe the other girl had wanted to show her off to the others? Was that what this was about? Where was Tsuki? She couldn’t ask questions to thin air! Well maybe she could. Backing from the mirror she took in the total look of what had been done to her. She didn’t look like herself. Whoever was in the mirror was older and more like a lady. Perhaps that was the point though? Knowing how Tsuki wanted her to be accepted because she was needed in the other girl’s plan to save S’jiro from himself.

If she was there, then she was hiding. But Veya wasn’t alone. Not alone at all. Her cheeks flushed ever so slightly when she realized S’jiro was there. She turned around to face him, unsure what she thought he would say. Veya doubted it would be anything she wanted to hear. In times like this where she knew she was exactly what he might want, he tended to be the cruelest.

“Hello.” She smiled; unaware of what the makeup may have done to make her smile brighter. “Are we going somewhere? You look too nicely dressed to be staying in.” He was always handsome to her though, even when he was covered in dust from flying in drills. So even if this cleaned up look was supposed to be more attractive, she liked him however he dressed. The horrible part being that she liked him.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 5 I_icon32Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:39 pm

It was a part of both of their schemes to have Veyani dressed up in such a way. On the one hand, S'jiro wanted to prove to Veyani that she was not as righteous as she seemed to think herself to be, or prove that she was truly a lesser because she'd never be able to handle the challenges to come before her. On the other hand, Tsuki wanted to prove that Veya was just as capable and just as beautiful as the elite girls that pranced shamelessly around the Bronzeriders. She hoped to help set Veya up for success in her mission and help give her confidence by showing her another side to herself. Then again... maybe Veya didn't need it. She'd done well to combat S'jiro's cruelty thus far on her own. Still, that was a tiresome thing, and Veya should know that there were those who supported her just as much as S'jiro had friends to support him.

Anyway, if Veyani was going to attend the Bronzerider functions, then she needed to look the part.

Seeing Veya stand in front of the mirror, S'jiro wanted to feel hateful toward her for the sake of insisting that she would never be able to prove her own point. She was wrong, plain and simple. But somehow, the Bronzerider was unable to conjure those feelings. That would have bothered him except for the fact that he'd become too distracted by Veyani.

Smirking as the girl found herself in the mirror, and as though she was seeing her own reflection for the first time, she was completely awed. S'jiro was just as astounded by the change in her appearance, but for the time being, focused more on appreciating her own response to those changes. If he was completely honest with himself, he thought that she was rather cute about it all.

The blush that rose under Veyani's cheeks was incredibly becoming of her. Perhaps S'jiro stared for too long at her pretty face, while finding it easy to imagine that she were the kind of proper lady he should be attracted to. Dressed the way that she was, he found it pleasant to gaze upon her. He could have sat there for much longer, but didn't want his hesitation to answer her to be... misunderstood. As if there could have been any more grave misunderstanding between the two of them. Their relationship was all kinds of demented as it was.

Though, since he really had nothing to say at the moment, it was with quiet expression that did not convey any of the usual disdain, that the Bronzerider rose from his chair and moved toward her. Hands tucked into suit pockets, his eyes were unwilling to leave her; if she were his life's sustenance, then they ate her alive.

S'jiro however, did expect that at any moment, Veyani's mouth would open again and that she would say or do something completely dumb, destroying that perfect vision of her. Yes, he did expect that. Before that could happen though, a hand reached up to twist one of her curls about a finger, gently tousling it.

And just then, a fragment of his previous scorn returned with remarks ever so slightly snide. Though, he was also being perfectly truthful. "Well... didn't you turn into a highborn Lady overnight. A regular sleeping beauty. Of course, you are supposed to be representative of our club now."

Then, for whatever reason, perhaps even to his own surprise, the Bronzerider leaned over to kiss her cherry lips. His lips even paused upon her own as if to savour it.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 5 I_icon32Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:09 pm

As he walked toward her, she met his stare with her own. She could feel her pulse quicken and her heart tumble into her stomach. He should not look at her with such desire. Not when she knew she would never resist him. At the moment it might be for the better that he wasn’t speaking. He seemed to be taking in her image just as she had done before the mirror. If he said anything now he might ruin the moment. Tsuki would be pleased because it was her intention to make Veyani into a lady. She could see how he would forget for a moment, even if it was a brief moment, that she was not a lady.

“So you think I’m beautiful?” She said teasingly. If she was a sleeping beauty which should have been a compliment instead of a snide remark, she might as well get him to openly admit it. Didn't ladies fish for compliments? Besides it was fun knowing he was so attracted to her making it harder for him to hate her. While she thought to be clever she had barely enough time to get the words out before his lips were on her own.

Veyani’s eyes closed as her lips melted into his. She didn’t allow the kiss to end there as she kissed him back. Her arms came up around his neck. Of anything she did, kissing him back was the least like a proper lady. He only thought he wanted a proper lady though. A little kissing never hurt anyone and it wasn’t as if they hadn’t done more. When she broke her mouth away for air, she opened her eyes again and took in some air. She didn’t say a word, trying to decipher her own feelings.

The kiss was different than before. She could tell there was emotion of some kind involved. Although there was a hint of lust, the kiss wasn’t overwhelmed by it. And all she could think while he was kissing her was, wow. Veya wondered if he could feel the difference too. Not that he would ever say anything. If he continued to kiss her like that they would be late to their gathering.

“I, ummm…” She let go of him and backed away a little. Again her cheeks were flushed pink. Her eyes were bolder than she was at the moment, staying on his face.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 5 I_icon32Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:39 pm

A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 5 3001b0bb-22f9-4ca0-9ddc-fdb6ce35c355_zps4d7e21ba

S'jiro wasn't expecting as great a response from Veyani as he'd been able to elicit. Even as he lips broke away, he was reaching to remove her arms from around his neck.

"Don't think too much of it. I just felt like it." With those words, discounting any hope that she might have felt in that moment, S'jiro took a step back from her, putting hands back into his pockets as he turned toward the door.

"Come on. Sh'nar and the others will be waiting."

Hey, Zem. Can you let Cym know that I'm on my way?

As Zemarith was acquiescing to the request, S'jiro made sure that Veyani was following, leaving Tsuki's quarters behind them.

It wasn't long before they'd arrived at the somewhat small, private cavern the Bronzeriders had made their own, converting it into a suitable lounge with at least three seating areas around tables, a fireplace and one game table set up for various card or domino games. One of the walls was lined with bookshelves, any bare spaces filled with art. In other corners were small racks for wine and fresh glasses to drink from, as well as trays for serving. The entire room was dimly lit by wall sconces to add mood lighting, but amoungst these few, it was probably not much necessary. At least it set an easy, relaxed mood.

In a fashionable pin stripe suit with a deep red shirt unbuttoned nearly half way down his chest, leaving the collar comfortable and open, S'jiro entered the lounge first, hands still shoved into his pockets.

"Yo." The man's eyes lifted to meet those of the other Riders in the room, which were only the usual four of them, though there were nine other women present -not including S'jiro's yet unknown fiance, Indivara. At that, he was somewhat relieved.

His strides being longer, S'jiro was met by three other women before Veyani could step foot into the room, though surely she heard their voices as they took both of his arms, fawning over him. Would it have been to Veyani's surprise that he did not push them away?
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 5 I_icon32Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:21 pm

Zemarith says S'jiro is coming.

Sh'nar was not as comforted as he should be with this news. Mostly because that meant he was late and that meant he had spent longer with the farm girl than he should. At least from Sh'nar's perspective.

The women in the room held little interest for him. But Sh'nar knew none of them could get him what he wanted. Love and lust it was all dust compared to what he wanted to achieve in life. If they couldn't grant him more power then they were worthless. He only wanted them around for entertainment value.

When S'jiro entered, he saw that the farm girl followed. She cleaned up very prettily. His gaze moved from the young woman to S'jiro. He hoped the other Bronzerider had not done anything he would regret later. He needed to make sure this girl got the message that S'jiro already had plans for his life.

Sh'nar leaned over to whisper something to Z'rim.

---

Really? She rolled her eyes when he was no longer looking. Let him act like there was nothing involved whatsoever. Why should he be bothered by a kiss anyway? He'd kissed so many women it wouldn't matter to him. Still he couldn't dampen her spirits.

Putting on a smile, she entered the lounge behind S'jiro watching as women surrounded him. Well he could pretend with them for a little while then. Not that she was at all jealous. She might be a little bit jealous, she admitted but decided her energy was better wasted on more interesting things than what women sought S'jiro's company.

She felt all the eyes that weren't on the newly arrived Bronzerider were on her. She could see that the Bronzeriders thought it was silly that she was even here. What was the purpose of this anyway? So that women could fawn over the four men in the room. Her decision to come felt like a worse and worse idea as time wore on. Unlike what they thought of her, she wasn't one to give up. No matter how mundane this became.

She walked around the room, looking at various things. Finally stopping at the bookshelf. She occupied herself reading the book titles.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 5 I_icon32Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:51 pm

Removing his arms from those of the three young women who now followed behind him, S'jiro turned a gaze over his shoulder to follow Veyani, watching where she would wander off to. Speaking nothing of her choice to go and walk about the room, he figured she probably didn't know what to do wiht herself in a place such as this anyway.

Regardless, S'jiro went to join the other Bronzeriders on the long seating arrangement where Sh'nar and Z'rim sat closest one another, L'mar across the table from them, which beside each of the men was at least one or more women drinking from wine glasses.

Crossing his legs, then meeting Sh'nar's glance, S'jiro offered the start of a most mischievous smirk, "So, what's the game of the night? I brought some marks in case it was decided we'd gamble." Chuckling at that, S'jiro procured a pouch from his pocket, sliding it onto the table. The Bronzerider's eyes turned from one man to the next, fully hoping that that is what his friends had decided on.

Before he could say any more though, the women who now pressed around him must have become a nuisance, because S'jiro waved a hand, ordering that they give him some space. Apparently brave enough to temp him, one of the girls slid into the space beside him, seeming all too happy to cozy up next to him; one hand with claim on a nearly empty wine class while her thigh pressed against his. It was possible that she was already a little inebriated. Even under the dim glow of light within the room, her face was looking slightly flushed.

One arm falling idly around the woman's shoulders, S'jiro was looking more eager for the games to begin. Their small group usually had in interesting time of card games.

Z'rim lent Sh'nar an ear as the other Bronzerider leaned in to whisper, eyes on Veyani.

He, too, had an arm draped around a woman's shoulders, though there were two there to one side of him, but he was more interested in the one who'd just walked in. He almost didn't recognize Veyani, so drastic was her transformation from the veritable ugly duckling to beautiful swan. The faint smile that formed upon his lips was a sign of that approval.

This Veyani girl was certainly full of surprises.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 5 I_icon32Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:02 pm

As he waited for Z’rim’s answer he realized the other man was watching Veyani. Were they all besotted with a farm girl?! Even L’mar seemed quite interested in the girl. Were the other women here completely unattractive? He asked himself, looking from one face to another. Maybe that wasn’t it. He saw beautiful women surrounding them but maybe this Veyani was like a new toy. Her youth wasn’t so much the draw nor her looks more it was that they were unaccustomed to seeing her. It would wear off.

Since the other two were too distracted to respond to S’jiro, Sh’nar did.“Dragon poker.” Sh’nar said, allowing the woman closest to him to pour him some wine. Obviously the point of the women being there was to see to the Bronzerider’s needs. “I was thinking five card draw, Greens wild?” He watched as one of the other women began to shuffle the cards.

“I hope you are prepared to lose S’jiro.” He took out his own pouch of marks and set it on the table. Sh’nar said with a smirk played across his handsome face. “Now which one of you, wants to be my good luck charm?" He said looking around the room at the women there. If Tsuki were there, he would have had her because she was more intelligent than the other women and because she was more fun. Veya might be more fun too but he really found her annoying at the moment. Only because she was monopolizing his friend of late and she had put his clothes down a latrine.

Veyani watched how the women interacted with the men there. She was not completely ignorant of the eyes following her. Most of them were not pleasant as the women did not seem to want her there. At the mention of a game her curiosity was piqued. Walking back over to where the others prepared for their game she made a decision on where to sit from ascertaining what places were available. She knew that of the four men Sh’nar was most unhappy with her. S’jiro didn’t want to be around her in front of his friends and was surrounded by other women. L’mar was nice and Z’rim. They too were rather crowded.

She smiled and winked at Z’rim before sitting in his lap. A little mischief wouldn’t hurt anyone. Especially not her or Z’rim. And maybe S’jiro would realize she wasn’t that unattractive.

“Dragon poker?” She asked, looking up at the Bronzerider with a smile. “Could you explain it to me?” She wondered if the other women were more irritated by her presence then the men were because it certainly felt so. Although it did seem she was able to play the part of any of the other women there quite easily. It wasn’t that hard to throw oneself at a handsome man and pretend to be interested only in his welfare. Her mother did it all the time around her father. Some things were the same no matter the social class.

The candidate didn’t really care if Z’rim was interested in her. She was going to do what everyone else was. Put on a show. Then she could prove to S’jiro she could do whatever she wanted because she was at the very least his equal.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 5 I_icon32Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:32 pm

Without further encouragement, S'jiro was reaching again for the marks he'd brought, setting them on the table beside him while Sh'nar shuffled the cards. He was leaning forward a bit, over the table onto elbows when his friend began to pass them around the table to other Bronzerider's present. S'jiro caught each card face down, sliding it toward him when all of the cards were dealt, so that he could collect them in his hand.

It was about that time S'jiro was going to pick up his cards when Veyani joined the group, deciding to plant herself in Z'rim's lap. And though S'jiro had to do a double take to be sure he was seeing what he thought he was seeing and was too focused on Veyani then to see the other Rider's expressions, he was sure that just about every other jaw in the room had dropped just as his had. Well...S'jiro's was quickly snapped shut, though he immediately tried to manage some vocal response, unable to know exactly what to say.

Z'rim however, was the most shocked of the Bronzeriders -as well he should have been. The girls beside him, shared similar expressions; the one who'd been nestled under Z'rim's embrace sliding out of it to make room for Veyani's side-saddle sitting style.

Not sure how to react at first, Z'rim read S'jiro's face first, staring across the table, wide-eyed. Of course, knowing that S"jiro and Veyani were sleeping together, but may as well have been mortal enemies, he didn't think he could just allow her to remain in his lap and pretend to feel comfortable about it. So, Z'rim did the best he could as quickly as he could, to defuse the awkwardness.

Taking Veyani at the waist he managed to remove her from his lap, squeezing her between himself and Sh'nar somewhere, with a coy, lopsided smile, making the excuse, "Well, I don't see how monopolizing my lap is fair." The Bronzerider reached his arm back around the girl who'd previously been closest to him, as if to be reassuring. Whispering for her to refill his drink then, he released her from his hold to  use both hands to take up his cards, glancing beside him then at Veyani. It was a brief glance he directed her way before turning to the girl sitting at the other end of the couch they were seated on, making a request of the young woman there. "Another glass of wine. For the new girl."

Z'rim returned his gaze to the farm girl, wondering about her intentions momentarily, before finally turning his attention back to the cards in hand. Soon a glass of wine was set before Veyani, and she could drink with them, just as all of the other girls were doing. Maybe keeping her hands occupied would keep her from trying to crawl up on his lap again. Anyway, he wasn't about to try and play with her sprawled across him. The other girls knew to sit off to one side of him to give him breathing room on the other. Due to his draconic counterpart's sensitivity to proximity, Z'rim himself tended to be more aware of personal space. Usually for Nemesenth's sake. Regardless, it became habit. So, with three women  around him now, and Sh'nar on the other side with his own lucky lady, the Bronzerider found himself breathing a slightly irritated sigh, hoping to preoccupy his mind with the game enough that he wasn't as aware of their uber close-ness. It was a good thing that he himself was not generally claustrophobic, or they'd have a problem on their hands.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 5 I_icon32Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:02 pm

After shocking everyone, including Z’rim, Veyani was quite pleased with herself. Even as she was moved onto the seat next to Z’rim AND Sh’nar she tried to hide a kind of smugness. Certainly being able to sit between two Bronzeriders was a good thing. Looking at the other women’s expressions she had just become a target for their envy. Tsuki and Emerene would be aghast, possibly in as much shock as the rest of them.

Veyani didn’t’ ever regret acting on one of her own whims. Now she actually had a place to sit. At Z’rim’s request another woman was serving her wine. She certainly was going to get what she wanted out of this little party. Maybe S’jiro would realize he had underestimated her once again. Or maybe not but she was going to remain strong either way. She did her best to avoid looking at him, even if he was across from her, sitting with some girl or other. Sipping the wine she had been given, after thanking the girl who brought it, Veyani decided it was much less strong than what her father made. Course what he made was more like moonshine than wine.

Being one of the few to mask his surprise, he made a face of irritation. Although he was more disgusted with the other riders than the women. Still it would have made sense for one of them to offer the girl a seat rather than have her resort to sitting on people. And they claimed to be Holder’s sons. At least Harpers were taught proper etiquette. If the girl left this party thinking they weren’t above her, then S’jiro would continue in his infatuation with tormenting the young woman and he really could not have that.

While it seemed Z’rim was unwilling to tell her about dragon poker, Sh’nar surprisingly spoke up. “Don’t mind Z’rim, he crowds easily.” He was glaring at the other man. Why did he have to throw Veyani at him? Oh right, because Sh’nar was the charming one. He’d be sure to remind Z’rim of that another time.
Veyani seemed to get the message and scooted closer to Sh’nar. “Watch this round first and then I’ll provide you with some marks to play a hand yourself.” She had now leaned in to see his cards better.

He made the other woman sitting next to him move off. Thereby giving him room to create more space for Z’rim.

“Now in this particular game, we are each dealt five cards, hence the name, five card draw. Once everyone has been dealt their cards, the betting begins usually with the person to the left of the dealer. Technically I’m dealer so betting should begin with S’jiro. He has a good poker face, he’ll likely bluff at some point.” He whispered the last part to her.

She giggled, and then asked, “And then depending on the cards you raise the bet right?”
“Exactly.”

Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 5 I_icon32Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:21 pm

Z'rim seemed to be able to easily ignore Sh'nar's glare, either disaffected or figuring it was up to Sh'nar to educate Veyani in their game if that's what he decided to do. Z'rim didn't really care if that's what the other Bronzerider decided to do; but looking across the table at S'jiro, it was apparent he was biting back any  number of spiteful comments right at that moment.

Who'd given farm girl permission to play dragonpoker with them anyway? None of the other women in the room played with them. As far as S'jiro was concerned, dragonpoker was a man's game.

S'jiro couldn't help but to shoot a suspicous glare of his own back across the table at Sh'nar -the only one left out of the evil-gare-stare-down loop was L'mar, who now seemed to sit back in his chair with a smirk, pretending not to notice anything other than his own cards. Well, at least S'jiro knew that Z'rim was on his side. He had no idea why Sh'nar would invite Veyani to play cards with them; maybe he just wanted to give her something to do so that she didn't cause any more trouble. Whatever the reason, the more she tried to upset the time they had together in their club room, the harder he would try to make it for her to be there. Of course, never 'intentionally'. She was supposed to be a part of their fold now, wasn't she? She'd insisted she was his equal; surely she'd prove it.

Though he didn't care for Veyani's joining their round of cards, S'jiro didn't show any more distaste in the fact, resigning himself to letting Sh'nar do as he pleased without any argument out of himself. So, after having looked over his hand, S'jiro set the cards face down on the table again so that he could loosen the strings on his own bag of marks. Taking his cards back up again, S'jiro sat back again in his seat, pulling the girl next to him into the crook of his arm, against him so that he could speak quietly to her where no one else could hear. Their intimate conversation would go on, with varied, flirtatious response from the girl, until the time he decided to dismiss her. And of course she knew not to make faces or react in any way that would give away what kind of hand he now held in their game.

It was with that resigned expression that S'jiro reached forward to slide his starting bet toward the center of the table; seeing what Veyani had in her borrowed share to bid, he didn't start too high, so that she'd have enough to call a number of rounds if her hand allowed. Sh'nar's loaning of half his marks also meant he wouldn't be able to go in as high as usual either. Well...this was a practice round for Veyani now, anyway, right?
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 5 I_icon32Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:13 pm

There was no significant reason why Indylari was late. None whatsoever, other than her outfit needed to be pressed more expertly. To think those dimglows doing the laundry had thought there weren't any wrinkles. Then there had been the matter of making sure her hair was just right and her jewels went with her outfit. Often she made sure to look more wealthy than the people she was around.

Having been spoiled quite a lot by her parents, she fancied herself a future Queenrider and therefore ahead of most the women she spent time around. It was nice to be the center of their attention, even if she spent more time being admired than worrying about the dalliances of her fiance. That was until now.

She had been perfectly fine with his winning greenflights. In fact she never said a word on the subject. She had behaved as any lady should at the Weyr. Indylari, depsite many invitations sober and otherwise, had declined any interaction with men interested in her. She took their engagement seriously enough to know when to flirt with men just a little and when to leave them alone altogether. Mostly she left them alone. It was less tempting if she didn't get close to men she found attractive.

What bothered her was that his newest lover wasn't a rider. She was a young Candidate... a FARMER'S DAUGHTER! Ugh, she couldn't believe it. How vile! And he was bringing her tonight to be part of their group, well she wasn't going to allow him to see her be upset. She could hold it in till she was back to her rooms. Her curiosity to see the other woman was the only reason she was going tonight. She often found these events boring.

When she did arrive it took her like two minutes to remove a look of complete and utter surprise. Not only was the little wretch flirting and playing cards with Sh'nar but she was not at all dressed like a farm girl. She was actually.. pretty. That fact was almost worse than the girl's upbringing.

Where did she get the marks to play with them anyway? Indylari's eyes moved away from the farm girl to the woman hanging off of her fiance. She had no intention of making the young woman move, she walked to where a couple of the others were whispering. Eyes like daggers, she didn't allow herself to take her eyes off of the young blonde.

"They are all so distracted by her presence." Complained one of them in a whisper.
"Distracted? She is playing poker with them. No lady would ever presume.." It was deplorable behavior. " betting too!" She was aghast. And why not? She wondered. She almost envied the girl her freedom to act as she willed. Women of her status were rarely afforded that sort of independence of will. Almost.

---

Veya saw the other girl enter and smiled. Attempting to greet the young woman who seemed less than delighted to see her. Shrugging her attention was back on Sh'nar's instruction.

"Now that everyone has bet its your tun." Unlike what she might think, he was trying to help. Especially now that the cattiness was about to explode around here. He never much cared for female drama. Even and especially when it was over a man.

"I like my chances." She said, her eyes bold and her smile just a hint mischievous. Maybe she was bluffing, maybe she was serious. They would never know. Since it was their turn, Veyani turned to Sh'nar. "Raise yes? And how much?"

Looking at the cards, Sh'nar agreed but he might just let her take over, as long as she didn't do anything stupid. "How much would you raise with what you have in the deck?" They were speaking very quietly so the others could only hear whispers. Until she began to laugh. "What would they do if I put it all in..."

Sh'nar could think of a few things, like that she was certifiably insane. Or they might think she was bluffing and what if they won?

Veyani was a risk taker. When she wanted something she went after it. It didn't matter how difficult, how improbable or how silly it might seem to other people. Even now, with Sh'nar giving her the look of don't you dare, she wanted badly to say all in. All of it. What if she won? If she won she got it all! Err, well technically Sh'nar got it all.

Instead of doing what she wanted, she did acquiesce to Sh'nar since they were his marks. "Raise you twenty marks." Which was nearly half, which still got her a look from Sh'nar.

"Twenty?..."

"Well? Go big or go home."

"This isn't a farm."

"We don't waste money on games at farms."

"No wonder."

"No wonder what?"

"Nothing important. Just making a private observation on your personality. Don't read into it."

"Too late for that. You've sparked my curiosity."

"Well its going to remain sparked then."

They spoke as the others went around the table either meeting the bet or folding.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 5 I_icon32Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:21 pm

S'jiro and his fiance had an interesting relationship with one another. They both knew that there was no promise they would marry, and yet they had to accept the reality that until the day Indylari impressed a dragon, there was no promise that they wouldn't marry, either. The fate of their lives in that aspect, had been left up in the air, and it was anyone's guess just how the pieces of that fate would fall.

The two of them knew that they weren't in love, so to speak -though perhaps one day they would try to be, for the sake of convenience. Honestly, S'jiro recognized that they hadn't truly explored all of the possibilities of what kind of relationship the two of them could possibly share, so perhaps he wasn't being fair to Indylari. At the same time though, because they both accepted the half-baked relationship they did currently share, they had learned to live with eachother's immature ways. Or rather,...Indylari had learned to overlook S'jiro's one night stands and other imperfections.

In his defense, the Bronzerider did try to hide those things from her view typically, so that Indy wouldn't be hurt by it. After all,t hey weren't married yet, and she was here to Impress; she shouldn't have to marry him to maintain her position. So, as far as S'jiro was concerned, both of their parents were much too skittish about what would happen in her future, and they weren't giving him the freedom he'd been hoping for by coming to the Weyr. He certainly hadn't planned on being the next in line for an arranged marriage? In a Weyr? How weird. Secretly, the whole idea was absurd to him.

He'd not been thinking about any of that though, when Indy waltzed through the door. It was difficult to mask the surprise his own eyes mirrored when he realized who had come to join them. Often times S'jiro's fiance had her own girl's events planned or simply stayed away from what she knew was the Bronzeriders' typical night of male-bonding. It wasn't something that the girls wanted to be around for long anyway.

Due to her immediate shift in focus to the latest and greatest female presence in the room, S'jiro could guess at Indylari's reason for having come. Of course, that didn't matter much to him. He wasn't hiding anything -he openly despised Veyani. It would have been insulting for Indylari to think that a mere Farmcrafter's daughter would hold any real interest for him.

Though the Bronzerider wasn't exceptionally romantic in his manner toward the woman he was betrothed to, he wasn't inconsiderate as far as he was concerned either. She had not shown an abundance of interest in him yet either; she always seemed much more interested in herself than in cultivating any kind of romance with him. He wasn't even sure that she dressed to impress him, but rather, her friends. So could he really feel bad for not bending his focus solely upon her?

In either case, S'jiro was in the process of ignoring the Sh'nar/ Veyani tag team across the table, and dismissed the girl who'd taken up the place beside him. With a voice expressing the truth of his intention, he invited Indylari to sit with him. "Lina was ineptly filling the void in your absence." And of course it was known that S'jiro held no great fancy for any of the other women who frequently accompanied the Bronze four -or any of Indy's other lady-friends- so there was no real reason to spark her jealousy. S'jiro had gone out of his way before, in order to accommodate his fiance. He was not completely inconsiderate of her. And they were engaged to be married - wasn't that asking enough of him?

Seeing as though the young woman's eyes glared so spitefully across the space toward Veyani, S'jiro hardly paid attention to the fact that Veyani was placing such high bids, certain that her hand was a winning hand.. so he met the bid without thinking, putting his cards back on the table face down so that he could stand  and go to his fiance. Even if they didn't 'love' eachother as perhaps they should, he did hold some genuine concern for her. "Indy." Spoken more tenderly than he'd ever voiced Veyani's name -if he ever called her anything other than Farm Girl- he tried to entice her by taking Indylari by the shoulders, to guide her to sit beside him.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 5 I_icon32Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:49 am

Although she seemed consumed by her conversation with Sh'nat it was not lost on Veyani, the tenderness in S'jiro's voice when he spoke to the newest addition to their party. She didn't stare at the other woman because having seen her come in she had already come to the conclusion that the new arrival was both gorgeous and wealthy.

Veya didn't think she wanted to know anything about what was going on between the two of them. Maybe Tsuki could lend her some insight on the relationship between S'jiro and this new girl. It didn't seem as relaxed and caring and S'jiro wanted it to be. Indy was a tightly wound thing. She certainly didn't like Veyani though Veyani had no idea why that would be. She had never even met the other woman.

If this were a farm, she would know how to handle the situation. Seeing as she wasn't and the rules were different among these sorts of people, she allowed the other women's less than forthcoming opinions to be her guide. If any of them were displeased they were doing a very good job hiding those feelings. She could certainly pretend to be unaffected.

Smiling warmly at the other woman, she said, "Sorry we weren't introduced, I'm Veyani. Did you want to join? I'm sure the boys won't mind..."

After allowing herself to be seated next to S'jiro, she ignored his kindness. He was just trying to make up for his previous behavior and perhaps get to this Veyani girl emotionally. Even only seeing the newcomer for a few moments, she had already begun to see that this girl was different. And if they were not competitors on the Sands and off, she might have found her brazen attitude refreshing.

For someone who was not part of the group and was the newcomer and was sleeping with her fiance the girl seemed completely at home. How old was she? She looked like she couldn't be more then fifteen maybe sixteen? Indylari had never been that comfortable within this group. They were all trying to be better than the person sitting next to them and she was much too interested in herself to care about what the rest of them were up to.

"Indylari, its a pleasure..." Casting a demure glance at the Bronzerider sitting beside her, she replied, "No. Women of my station do not lower themselves to playing base and vile gambling games." And though it was entirely honest, it was also rude. More rude than she had dared to be to anyone here in the room, so it might be a little surprising to hear the claws come out.

Sh'nar was ignoring the two women as much as possible now. It was awkward and it reminded him why he preferred when Tsuki was around to smooth over the egotistical people bashing their heads together. "Time to show your cards everyone....S'jiro you first."

Veyani didn't respond in a way that any of the other women would. She simply shrugged and said, "Oh well. You're missing out on the fun of beating them at their own game." And she fully intended to beat them. Badly. Because she could and it was fun!
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 5 I_icon32Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:53 pm

Well, Indylara was being rather forward about her distaste for Veyani. It was the first time he could remember seeing the young woman ever give another female such an evil stare. Allowing a smirk to cross his lips briefly, where curiosity over her sudden jealous mood was aroused, S'jiro lay an arm around her shoulders, drawing her against his side comfortably. There, he spoke softly into her ear, "Do I sense jealousy?" As his fiance, she should have had every right to be jealous, but their relationship being what it was, S'jiro felt otherwise, and he felt little remorse over what had happened between he and Veyani.

Without waiting for an answer from Indylari, the Bronzerider gently stroked at the side of her cheek, placing a kiss there to appease her mood before he reached to turn his hand over in front of him. It was four of a kind. Not too terrible a hand, though it could have been much better. Likely, the same kind of hand is what Veyani was working with across from him. After laying his cards flat and face up, the Bronzerider's attention was on Indy again, leaning so that he could whisper while the hand wrapped around the other side of her was now kindly tracing along her shoulder, leading to her neck. He knew that the chances of him pursuading her to be with him intimately were few and far between, but if she felt her position threatened by Veyani, he could certainly show her that it was not.

Anyway, if she was just upset about his torturing Veyani by using her so that she could be humiliated later, she only had herself to blame. Indy hadn't opened up to him much since the time of their initial betrothal -of course, the same could be said of him- but he needed her to be with him intimately if she expected him not to go out and do whatever he pleased with whomever he pleased. Generally, he had highly specific standards -or there had to be a flight involved- but if Indy wasn't using her charms on him to attract him, what did she expect of him?

Was S'jiro supposed to wait around for the day they may or may not end up getting married? An absurd notion. He wasn't going to put his life on hold until she aged out of Impression. Just to get it over with, S'jiro was almost to the point of just telling his parents to plan the wedding already, and make it happen. He hated being in limbo like this. There were too many conflicting expectations on all sides. It was frustrating. No. More than frustrating. Infuriating. But there was little he figured he could do about it. So, while they waited for her Impression or not, they were stuck trying to live by two different sets of rules. And living at the Weyr, S'jiro had no idea why he should have to put up with any of it.

As Veyani was shrugging her indifference at Indylari's comment, S'jiro couldn't help but grin a little lopsidedly at the woman's words. Indylari was a perfect model of the most desireable wife for any highborn man hoping to marry well. She was well spoken and S'jiro found the periodic, unsuspecting sharpness of her tongue rather entertaining. Of course, as he was stroking along the side of Indy's cheek again, letting fingertips trace down the side of her neck, hoping that the gesture would be a little enticing to her, the Bronzerider found himself glancing across the table, even more entertained by the fact that Veyani simply.. did whatever she wanted. Having anything to drink only seemed to strengthen that terrible tendency.

Just when Z'rim and the others were laying their own cards out on the table for all to see, S'jiro was bringing his thoughts back around to the woman beside him, thinking that perhaps he should treat her soon to a fabulous gift. Some surprise to suit her fanciful tastes... or perhaps it would just do them better in the more immediate future to separate Indylari from Veyani and maybe get some fresh air with his fiance. After this round they could go on a walk or something.

That would help her clear her head of whatever rediculous notions worried her. Maybe he could insist that they go spend some time together in private. She would have nothing to be jealous of, then.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 5 I_icon32Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:32 pm

Now he wanted to act the affectionate fiancé, she sighed inwardly. He really was quite selfish. All he cared about was what pleased him in the moment and it was typical for men of his station or higher to be that way. Indylari was indulgent of his moods to a point. She would allow him to touch her all he wanted in public but that was all. If she didn’t reciprocate it was because, she saw no reason to.

She didn’t love him and although the notion of loving someone had not been instilled in her as a child, she had always believed that coming to the weyr would mean freedom for her love life. She wanted to be in love. But she couldn’t see that side of herself coming out around S’jiro. Not that she had really tried with him but the idea of being tied to him forever did not please her. He was like a little brother, completely immature and driven to pursue things based on what his peers did. There were certainly men here she was far more attracted to.

Moving her gaze to her fiancé for a moment, she said, “I’m not staying long. I came to see you.” It was a complete and utter lie. She came to see Veyani. The lie sounded much better than the truth would have. What cause had she to be jealous of that wild farm child? She could scarcely call her a woman to look at her. Compared to her own figure and demeanor the other girl wasn’t much of a threat. Everyone knew S’jiro would marry someone who belonged with the elite. There was no one else at the Weyr who would suit his fine tastes. She convinced herself of that as her attention turned to the now loud and exuberant girl across from her.

Setting the cards down in front of them, Veyani waited for Sh’nar’s approval to put the cards down. There was a triumphant grin on her face. “WE WON!!!” She hugged Sh’nar immediately and laughed. Sh’nar was also kind of excited by the win. He hadn’t won in some time, which he blamed on L’mar. The other man might be quieter but one could never figure out what he was thinking with such a blank expression splayed across his fine features.

“Well fellas, looks like I found a good luck charm after all. Now Veyani, someone else will deal this round…” He said educationally, all the while feeling quite smug about all the marks he just won off of his much wealthier friends.

After another candlemark and what seemed like eternity to Indylari, she kissed S’jiro on the cheek, almost platonically. “Goodnight. Enjoy your game…” She said softly though she was fairly certain her future husband was paying very little attention to what she did now. It was for the best though as she had other things that would interest her more, she would like to do. These games were rather boring and distasteful. Also she did not think she could watch Veyani win another round.

Sh’nar had stopped playing altogether. Allowing Veya control of his marks, and while she didn’t put all his marks in when she played she did take risks. Her risks all seemed rewarded somehow. Maybe she was a natural? Sh’nar couldn’t care why the young woman was winning, as long as she continued to do so. The other guys were looking either determined or discouraged depending on the moment. Frankly he found it most amusing to watch their faces as they lost to some poor girl who had never played before in her life. Hehe, well served them right for one, inviting her, and two thrusting her at him. He watched Indylari leave thinking, that perhaps now things would get even more interesting.

Veyani was now jumping up and down having won for the sixth.. or seventh time, in a row. Quite honestly he had lost count.
The youngest person present, she had only imbibed two glasses of wine but she was still the drunkest person there too. She was flushed in the cheeks from the excitement of winning. She hadn’t even allowed herself to think about how S’jiro had been petting and being especially affectionate to Indylari.

Veya didn’t much like her. She wanted people to be honest and up front about whom they were on the inside and Indylari was not that kind of person. Still she couldn’t hate the beautiful woman because she had a higher station in life and wealth. She could envy her one thing though and that one thing was better than money or station. It was being with someone who adored you. She wasn’t sure S’jiro would ever be that person she needed. Maybe it was a little much to even think about now but the thought was there, inescapably there.

When Indylari left she giggled, “Another game? Or have you run out of marks?”
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 5 I_icon32Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:18 pm

At the time when Veyani slapped her cards down to reveal a winning hand, S'jiro did a double take and then nearly lurched out of his seat to confirm it. Only he didn't with Indylari there at his side. Nevertheless, the expression of shock that he'd just lost to farm girl was genuine and difficult for him to remove for the longest moment. Of course, the same could be said of the rest of them at the table to be sure.

Beginner's luck though. That's all it was.

“I’m not staying long. I came to see you.”

"Do what you want."

Indylari making no real indication that she wanted to pursue any further time being spent with him, S'jiro let himself continue to be absorbed in the rounds of cards that followed. The hour was also growing somewhat late, so it wouldn't be unexpected if people gradually started excusing themselves to retreat to their weyrs.

Before Indy left them though, S'jiro caught her hand, gazing into her eyes to inquire after those thoughts he'd had earlier in their evening, "Indy, if you'd like, we could spend some time together tomorrow. I could order lunch to my weyr and you could join me? Maybe take a walk after?"

Well, whatever his fiance decided, she couldn't complain he didn't make the effort to spend some time with her. If she didn't want to be with him, that was up to her. He didn't have to care yet, one way or the other; and if she was pleased with entertaining herself by other means, just as she would do tonight when she left from here, well.. again, they weren't married yet. S'jiro didn't feel as though he had any real right to control the things that she did. She could do whatever she wanted as far as he was concerned.

Of course, it was likely that that very attitude is what caused it to seem as though he didn't care for her at all.

Well, Indylari was soon departed and S'jiro could keep his glare fixed more sternly now across the table at his evil arch nemesis who was busy turning his best friend against him. Sh'nar was about to hold in his hands all those marks he'd brought with him!

Shardit! If he took that kind of loss, he wouldn't be able to play again for a few sevendays. At least not for more than a few fraction marks. Maybe Z'rim would loan him some for them to play. But then he'd be in debt to the other Bronzerider if he only ended up losing it all again.

Impatient with the losses the more rounds that went by, S'jiro started to wonder exactly why Sh'nar had so happily turned his funds and cards over to Veyani. He also wondered just how long she thought she could get by on beginner's luck. He had to say something! At least he could put a stop to it before she took what marks he had left.

"Hey! What makes you think you're allowed that much beginner's luck!? Who just... starts playing and wins like that?" Just before the next round could start, though it had already been dealt, S'jiro was eyeing the girl suspiciously from behind his own hand of cards, ready to point the ugly finger of blame. In fact, his cards were face down on the table again as he accused her. "I mean.. how many Royal Flushes is that? like.. twenty? There's no way you can't be cheating!"

Of course, it was all exaggeration -there'd certainly been other good hands in there, and many factors to consider in the game- but S'jiro wasn't having any excuses. The Bronzerider got up from his seat and pointed at her finally, "I want to see those cards. What kind of evil Farm Girl tricks are you playing?"

And within that next instant, S'jiro's stride took him around the couches situated about the table, reaching over or around Veyani's shoulders to try and snatch the cards from her hand, or at least take a peek at them.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 5 I_icon32Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:05 pm

"If you want to." She said in answer, because Indylari was submissive to male authority and because she saw no reason not to go. Although she would have to make time for him. Her schedule would be rearranged and she would then have something to tell her parents. Normally she dodged questioning that involved her future husband. She just wanted to be engaged to someone less...less...him. He was like a little brother who wouldn't grow up even if he was older in turns, he was younger on the inside.

Leaving the room, she wondered how much longer everyone else would stay. A couple of the other young women walked out of the room with her. Whispering to one another, no doubt about the newest addition to their group.

Sh'nar was quietly watching as his friend became more and more outraged. When he looked over his cards it seemed S'jiro lost his sanity. Sh'nar looked at L'mar and Z'rim. Did they not see how bizarre their friend was acting? This was exactly what he had been worried about! He was starting an argument with the girl for no reason which would no doubt end in S'jiro thinking he was winning some mental game against the girl while truly losing himself to a deeper emotional need for the commoner.

A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 5 Veyaheader10_zps25d91244

Veyani was just as shocked, her eyes went wide. "Wha-what did you say? You sound like my kid brother when he loses a game. Whining about how its unfair. I thought you might have a bit more class than that." She was angry then, quite suddenly and terrifyingly so. What could he possibly be thinking accusing her?!

He had never seen her angry. Not really. Well he was about to. She had never cheated in her life, she was almost too bluntly honest most of the time to ever even begin to be thought of as a liar. How could he think she was capable of cheating at a game that wasn't all that important to her?

"I would never do anything like that. I'm the most honest person you'll ever have the pleasure of meeting you arrogant asshole!" Her eyes then narrowed as he came to examine her cards. "NO!" She clung to the cards and shot up out of her seat. With the cards pressed against her chest, she sprinted away from the seating area. If he caught up with her, which was likely to happen, she might find a way to get him to drop this stupid fight.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 5 I_icon32Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:11 pm

Perhaps he'd forgotten he was in the company of his peers; or perhaps nothing else really mattered to him at that moment, but whatever was the case, S'jiro was soon arguing with Veyani, letting his brows furrow after the first unsuccessful attempts of trying to read her cards. "Kid brother? You're how old? and he's how much younger than you? That's like..." S'jiro was at her side then, trying to grab for her hands to see the cards, but they were held too tightly against her chest. "...that's like, 5 years old! Not even an idiot could mistake me for being 5. And who said ever meeting you was a pleasure? You're the one arrogant enough to think that could possibly be true."

Veyani took off then, and S'jiro was giving chase. After all, it wasn't just a dumb game; those were all his marks!

S'jiro reached for Veyani to try and grab her by the shoulder to stop her and spin her around to face him so that he could snatch the elusive winning cards from her hand.

Meeting Sh'nar's wondering gaze, Z'rim was doing all he could to hide the smirk that the sudden quarrel between their companion and their latest female addition had elicited. Z'rim had brought a hand up to lean into nonchalantly as he pretended to focus more on the cards in his hand than on the two of them. But no one in the room could have paid more attention to anything else than those two at the moment.

More entertained by their behaviour than anything else, the Bronzerider could only share Sh'nar's disbelieving stare once Veyani took off, chased by their friend. Maybe this was all starting to get out of hand. Sh'nar had shared that suspicion with him recently when S'jiro wasn't around, but after tonight, he might just have to believe it. Still, he couldn't help but grin at their outbursts, though he continued to try to hide it behind the hand that supported him as he leaned forward a bit over the table.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 5 I_icon32Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:27 pm

He was acting like a five turn old brat if he really wanted her to be honest! Ergh! She had managed to keep the cards in her hands and out of his grasp thus far though she really didn't know why she cared if he saw them. It was almost pointless but as he reached for her, he caused her to trip over the damned heels she was wearing.

Wobbling as she tried in vain to keep herself from falling, she clung to her cards while her other arm reached for the only thing solid that could keep her from falling which was S'jiro. And she really didn't seem to care how she tried to hang on to the Bronzerider, she just didn't want to fall. Hopefully he had strong footing and wasn't about to topple on top of her.

Course it probably would have been smart not to continue holding on to the cards in her hand but she didn't want him to have the satisfaction of both, her falling and him getting her cards from her in the very same moment. Nothing she was doing was making much sense. She should have allowed herself to fall and not given him the opportunity to help her. Then he would look like a jerk for not trying to catch her and she wouldn't constantly be needing him to rescue her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 5 I_icon32

Back to top Go down

A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Weyrs :: Fort Weyr :: Personal Weyrs-
Jump to: