Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... now they must watch their abundance of luxuries fall away, making room for the tools of survival, and witness this time of relative peace wither into the same fears that harper's ballads had warned them about for generations.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:29 pm

Really? She laughed, "I didn't realize you were so hidebound. Come now, it isn't so bad." She looked down at the shirt. As he had noted, it was short but she had long thin legs. There was nothing the matter with how she looked in the shirt. Looking back over at S'jiro she realized he didn't want her in the shirt because she did look good in it.

Blushing just slightly, she said, "You aren't all in agreement about my wardrobe change are you?" Her eyes had taken in the fact that he was very awake now... in more than one way. "Just admit it, you don't want me in the shirt because you like me in the shirt." He really should have rethought the bed scenario.

Giggling after being able to tease him, she walked over to where she had put Tsuki's dress and took it back to the bed. "Now turn around, because you don't want to watch this." Not that she really cared if he listened to her or not. It wasn't her idea to change and it also wasn't her who had a problem with being "seen" with the other person. Although she didn't' think at the moment she looked all that pretty. Bruises were not generally a turn on for people.

Veyani took her time changing out of the shirt, letting it drop to the floor as she picked up Tsuki's dress. Once she had the other garment on, uncomfortable as it was. She leaned down and picked up the shirt and said, "Now where can I put this?" And she didn't intend to put it where he wanted.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:43 pm

Glancing down when she pointed it out, S'jiro's jaw dropped in further astonishment of her when she pointed out his morning hard-on, obviously enjoying the fact that she could tease him over it. But momentarily, both hands overlapped to hide it. "Hey, this is natural in the mornings! It has nothing to do with you!"

At the same time he was speaking those words, he kept looking down, trying to will the boner to go away, though he continued to try to block it from view with his hands. Though, when she went for the dress to change, he turned around abruptly, trying to make it obvious he had no attraction for her; why would he care if she changed?

"You're right. I don't want to see it. Why would I want to see a flat farm girl undress?"

The Bronzerider was trying to ignore her now, "I'm going to call for some breakfast." Which he did, after walking over to the shaft where meals were delivered.

He'd busied himself with their food order until he took cue that she was changed, glancing back at her sidelong first just to be certain. "There's a hamper in the wash room where dirty clothes and towels go."
Back to top Go down
https://rainoffire.rpg-board.net
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:20 pm

"As you say." She said with a little laugh. Women did have an easier time of things in the morning. He might always be like this in the morning but it wasn't morning and he had been looking at her and what she was wearing.

Ergh, why did he have to be so mean. "You didn't complain about that before..." She said, thinking he just had to put her down because he needed to believe there was nothing there for him to be attracted to. Veyani hoped one day it would be as easy for her to dismiss him as it was for him to dismiss her.

"Am I invited or do you want me out of here this instant?" She asked as he called down for food. Maybe he was inviting her? It was hard to tell. She had no inclination to stay if he was going to continue to be grumpy. She'd been nothing but nice all day! He simply did not appreciate how well he probably slept because she didn't wake him.

Before he could finish telling her where the shirt went, she had already gone into his wash room and didn't come out for several minutes. She had washed her face, hands and neck, as she always did back home, before coming out. "Cleanliness is important you know. Who knows where my hands have been!" She said looking at S'jiro like he might be the cause for there to be unclean things on her hands.

Now what she had done with his shirt was another matter. He would find it, eventually...

Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:50 am

"You may as well stay to eat." It wasn't as thouth she hadn't stayed half the day already. "Your clothes should be back from being laundered soon anyway."

S'jiro was rolling his eyes again when Veyani disappeared to wash up, coming out in his sister's dress. He assumed that she'd simply put his shirt in the hamper. He wasn't that concerned about it, but maybe he'd find out later what happened to it when he went to the wash room to clean up after they'd eaten.

Moments later, it was through the service shaft that their food was delivered. There was juice and water, fruit, hot meatrolls and steamed buns filled with vegetables and some soup. S'jiro took the tray to the table, sitting in one of the tall-backed chairs there. He was busy pouring himself a drink by the time Veyani came back out of the washroom, sipping on the juice before he relinquished it to fill his plate.

The Bronzerider seemed to have ignored her comment about dirty hands though his expression did turn into a brief sneer just before taking a bite of a meat roll. Falling silent to eat, he seemed to sigh to himself; of course he was sitting there wondering why he ended up sharing a weyr all of a sudden with a farm girl. Unthinkable. But it had been partially his fault for getting her into the whole situation yesterday so he supposed that this was karma coming back around. Hopefully he would only have to suffer her presence for a little while longer. He wanted to go out soon to oil Zem and then the Bronzerider clique at their usual meeting place to chill for a while before they all prepared to go back out on another patrol.

As he ate, S'jiro tried not to let it get to him that Veyani was there. He was used to being in his weyr alone or with one or two of his wingmates at a time. Not to mention, it made him upset that he couldn't be mad at Veyani all the time. The more they were together, the more likely he was to be nicer to her simply because it took too much energy to pick on her every second of the day. He thought a bit wistfully...wasn't that why he typically had others do the harrassing for him? It was also because there was more indimidation factor when groups were invovled. Anyway, it irritated him that he wasn't harrassing her now, and so he simply stayed quiet while he ate. At least he could try to. Maybe he could get away with ignoring her.

Hopefully he wondered if maybe ignoring her would be any kind of torture to her.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:30 pm

"Thanks you for your generosity." Although it was not as if she required much food. They ate much more here at the Weyr than her usual fare. So he was going to be a jerk today. Ugh, well one couldn't have everything. She knew better than to not think there was nothing meant behind his words. S’jiro’s intent was quite clear. He wanted her to feel inferior yet again. Sometimes she just wanted to scream at him, as if railing at him would change his thought process.

As she walked over to look over the food, “Well at least then I can be comfortable. I can’t believe people think dresses are good for working in.”

By people she meant men. They never had to wear anything like a dress, so they couldn’t possibly understand. Then most women didn’t mind wearing uncomfortable things if it meant being attractive to men. Veyani wasn’t particularly fond of where this thought was headed. She was sure saying anything about women being subjugated would fall on deaf or irritable ears here.

Quietly she poured herself some water and took a seat. If he was not interested in speaking that was fine… kind of. It felt awkward to her though. Her family always spoke during meal times. During meals where they ate together was the time they had to relax and enjoy one another’s company. She attempted to remain quiet after taking some soup and fruit for herself. Her family had grown food so she had never gone hungry but she wasn’t used to the amount of food one was given here at the Weyr. She supposed rider’s had to keep up their strength through ample sustenance. The amount and quality of the food was still something she was becoming accustomed to. Like the day before, Veyani took very little to eat, grabbing a red fruit and nibbling at the skin first.

When she was done eating the outside of the fruit she went on to devour that which lay beneath it. Redfruit juice poured out of her mouth which she quickly remedied with a napkin. More for her host’s sake than her own. On the farm being a messy eater was not looked down upon but rather applauded. She knew though that present company would not find it amusing and would use it as another way to try to make her known as inferior. She took a few sips of water before attempting at a conversation.

“So how was Watch duty? See anything interesting?” She asked because it seemed like the only thing she could do was inquire about how things were going for him. If she made any mention of herself or anything she may have been involved in it only upset him in some way. So perhaps talking about himself would be a better way to go. Typical though that an aristocrat would be more interested in his own life than in others. Being egotistical was almost a requirement of being a relative of a Lord Holder, no matter how distant the relation.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:29 am

The Bronzerider wasn't necessarily in a bad mood that morning. He was actually in a pretty good mood. He just wished that the candidate he'd housed overnight in his weyr would have been more respectful of his position. Did she not respect her Candidate Master? Did she not respect her parents? Did she not respect others in any kind of authority? Why was he any different? Whether she liked him or not, he just didn't get it. And here she kept suggesting that they could be friends. But why would he want to be friends if she didn't respect his position? He would have been much more agreeable if she'd not have gotten her panties in such a twist the first time she stumbled across him.

While he was eating across the table from her, S'jiro started to wonder if maybe they should just start over. If she'd show proper respects, he would be very easy to get along with. Typically he was very chill and laid back, outwardly unruffled by anything. Why did she make him so restless? He was sure though, even if he gave her another chance, her answer would be the same. She'd put up that same indignant attitude about how his birthright and the birthright of his Bronze mattered nothing to her in the scheme of things. He had to act the way she wanted him to; like a commoner.

Still...as long as she was willing to treat him more respectfully than in the past. Maybe with yesterday's events she'd learned her lesson? Thinking on the previous day then, S'jiro wondered how he was going to handle the boys who'd nearly raped Veyani. The thought brought anger back into his consciousness. He thought he should probably visit those young men later to teach them their own lesson, first hand.

Over that, S'jiro sighed quietly with his next bite of food. He reached finally to fill a small bowl of soup, sipping on it tentatively to test its temperature.

With subtle glances across the table to where Veyani scantily filled her own plate, he considered any reason she might have for taking interest in the patrol. He might have been skeptical, and it was apparent he was a bit reluctant to answer her, but he did. "Nothing outside of the norm."

To keep from having to come up with some way of elaborating, he drank at his soup again. As he did so, he thought that it was no wonder Veyani was so frail-looking. She should definitely eat more. Her own plate hadn't been filled with almost anything. The Bronzerider took a steamed bun filled with vegetables and then a meatroll and reached across the table to land them on her plate. "Do you want healer Mona getting on to me for starving you? You should eat more. You might have a prettier, more womanly figure if you did." Of course, she was already pretty, even if he wouldn't admit it, but somehow... those words were just his indirect way of expressing concern without having to fess up to having any concern at all for her.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:28 pm

"Oh..." Unsure what she expected to hear from him about the patrol, she still may have sounded a little dissapointed. She had never been on a patrol. Veyani did not know what normal was. Again he was avoiding talking about himself around her. Well if they were going to be any kind of friends he might as well try to open up for once. "So what is a normal patrol like?"

Asking him probably wouldn't do her much good. He probably wouldn't give her any details no matter how many times she asked. Watching him put food on her plate, she caught the hint of concern which his words were not meant to convey. She could hope he was concerned for her welfare couldn't she? The concern was covered up and translated into an insult. Accusatory words wouldn't make her any more hungry but she did not push the food away.

"I'm not very hungry." She said looking at the food like it was horrible. It wasn't, she just wasn't hungry and the thought of eating made her stomach turn over. "I don't think you would understand." even if he did, her not being able to eat well at the Weyr would only help him get her out of Fort, something he obviously desired greatly.

"I'll eat some of it, just to keep you out of trouble..." She did not want him to know that she was anxious at the Weyr, that she was homesick that everything was so different so her stomach was unable to settle. She couldn't eat in the weyrhall when it was full. She had not been seeking quiet places to annoy him. She needed them to maintain some semblance of sanity. Taking a bite out of the bun silence fell over them. Only because she wasn't exactly sure if it would be okay to tease him again.

"So then, you do think I'm pretty..." He had said the word prettier which meant she had to be pretty to begin with. Which meant she hadn't been too far off in her belief that he found her somewhat attractive. Well he was never going to admit it but it was still fun to tease that he might find her attractive enough... for a farm girl.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:53 pm

S'jiro was grumbling inwardly, silent to himself, as Veyani tried to make conversation. He'd continued eating for a moment until he apparently talked himself into obliging her, seeing as he had offered a trial of 'friendship' with the Bronzer group. Though...it was will all reluctance that he did so, starting off with a deep breath, the whole time, focused more on his food that wanting to speak with her directly, "On patrols we visit each of the holds in our respective territory as a Weyr and make sure that proper preparations have been made for threadfall. Holders can sometimes become a little forgetful concerning those things, so we like to remind them." Even coming from a cothold like hers, he assumed Veyani would be at least a little familiar with the things a hold had to keep up with in order to maintain threadfall preparedness.

S'jiro was finishing up his soup when she remarked about how he must think of her as attractive, which, as she'd probably guessed, elicited a bit of a bemused expression from him from across the table. "Maybe for a farm girl, seeing as you ended up here. Haven't you heard that Searchriders like to bring the prettiest girls to the Weyr? But standards must be terrible on the farm." Of course how true that was could be argued one way or the other, and probably depended some on the Searchrider, but he could still make that his excuse.

It was terribly mean of him. He didn't mean it, and at that very moment, even regretted saying it, because for the last day or so Veyani had been rather nice and respectful toward him. But S'jiro was apparently still stuck on the idea that he should be seeking his revenge on her for events over the last couple of sevendays.
Avoiding eye contact with her, since he'd finished eating, he was avoiding further discussion over the matter by getting up from the table. Partially, because he started to feel bad about making such a comment to her -even if he had arranged for even worse things just the day before.

That was then. This was now. Uhg! Why were things so difficult with Veyani around!?

They were supposed to be tentative 'friends' right? Though he was going to make sure she understood that she was never going to measure up to the standards of those he associated himself with. The only exception to him associating with commoners were the riders of his Wing.

Anyway, he was unable to say more, so S'jiro left the food where it was at for the time being, moving to gather up a fresh set of clothes. "I'm going to go out and oil Zem." His next words were a little softer in their intention, kind of mumbled, though. "You can come if you want."

Aiiish! What was he saying? He should have just kicked her out.

The bronzerider hurriedly got himself dressed in a pair of relaxed fit pants, leaving the same white undershirt on that he'd worn to sleep in. Since he wasn't leaving his weyr yet, and was 100% likely to have oil on his clothes by the end of the task, there was no need for him to dress up any more.

Not waiting on a response from Veya, S'jiro headed for the door.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:44 pm

Veyani wondered if he had to be so condescending when he told her things. She would not have known what a Patrol would do, especially since she had no dragon...yet. Cotholds like the one her parents ran were hardly ever visited by riders. Generally only search riders. If the other dragons did patrol then they reported to the Lord Holder and not directly to people like her. After eating a few bites of the rill with vegetables she commented, "Sounds boring. If or should I say when Thread returns though it will be much more interesting."

She took a bite out of the meat roll and set it back down. He couldn't say she hadn't attempted to eat more food. "I guess we'll find out if I was Searched for my looks or not when I either Impress or do not Impress. However I really don't think Kaisoth would've spoken to me if I did not have any empathetic ability..." She shrugged, "N'kai is nice too. He invited me to join his club."

Veyani wasn't really sure what to do about S'jiro she didn't feel like eating anymore. He was trying to make her feel bad about herself but it wasn't working. S'jiro didn't need to admit anything. It was not as if Veyani needed him with her constantly, or at least not any time soon.

"Really?" She asked as she followed him out towards Zemarith. "Must take forever to oil him. "You're not just asking me along so that you have free help getting your dragon ready." Behind her concern that this was some sort of setup, she was excited.
Back to top Go down
Sixth Gun

Sixth Gun

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:38 pm

S'jiro listened to her ramble until they got out the door of the weyr. At that point, the Bronzerider was going for containers of oil and soft cloths to help apply it. Passing one of each to Veyani, S'jiro took up others for himself.

"Of course you're free labor. It usually takes about three candlemarks, if I get him done quick; granted there aren't any really dry patches. If you see any, be sure to massage the oil into the hide really well."

Leading Veyani to Zemarith's side, he demonstrated how to massage the oil in smaller circles instead of in big swathes at a time, so that no place on the dragon's hide would accidentally get missed. It also allowed the rider to appropriately focus attention on every area that needed oiling the most. "The hide around joints tends to get dry more quickly than the rest of him." S'jiro was looking up at Zemarith then, while the big Bronze had his head turned back to eye the two of them.

She's going to help put the oil on?

Indeed

Did you decide that you like her?

The Bronzerider snorted a little involuntarily at the comment. Are you serious? I don't have to explain myself to you again, do I? I Just have to keep her around for the healers for a while. Anyway, after this, I'm going to go visit Sh'nar and the others. You might tell them about what time I'll be available. Oiling should go faster with some help.

S'jiro bent down by the dragon's flank and began demonstrating again, starting a section toward the dragon's underside where he lay on the ground within easier reach. "Here. Try it." Observing to see if Veyani would start a patch next to him, he wanted to make sure she understood the motion of it -if she would pick up on it quickly. It was simple enough, she should.

As they started, Zemarith's eyes fixed on Veyani, watchinging her intently.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:29 pm

“I don't mind helping a friend...” She said slyly, knowing that it would irritate him. Honestly though she did owe him something and this would help him out so she totally saw it as payment for staying at his place. Besides she’d never oiled a dragon before, it would be a good learning experience. And though she might not want to admit it, the Bronze was an awesome being to behold. She wouldn’t mind oiling him if he permitted it.

Holding onto the supplies she had been given she followed S’jiro, watching and listening to his instructions. Errr… half listened. Mostly she got the gist by watching what he was doing. She tried not to act like this was fun because she knew he thought he was forcing her to do something she might not want to do.

“Alright.” She said, mimicking what he had done just a moment before. The oil was put on the Bronze in a small circle. Her touch on the dragon’s hide was a little too gentle at first, as if she were afraid to hurt him. As she began to get more comfortable it would become a little more firm. “Is this okay?” She asked, looking first at S’jiro then Zemarith. She wasn’t sure if either of them would trust her enough not to watch the parts she was doing.

She had no experience with dragons other than her limited conversation with blue Kaisoth. He just happened to be very talkative which she had found quite fun, once she had gotten over the whole talking to a dragon thing. Zemarith seemed more content to speak with S’jiro. She didn’t mind that, seeing as S’jiro wasn’t exactly talkative himself… unless she pissed him off. And then it might be better for him if he kept his mouth shut.

Veya was leery to do more of the dragon’s hide without S’jiro’s approval for her to continue.
Back to top Go down
Sixth Gun

Sixth Gun

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:49 pm

While Veyani began to mimic his motions, S'jiro stopped to watch the girl. Scrutinizing the strokes of her hand as she did, his brow furrowed just a tid bit. What she was doing wasn't necessarily wrong, but the Bronzerider happened to be particular about the maintenance of Zemarith's hide.

Whether or not he meant to do so, was up for speculation, but momentarily, S'jiro had slipped up behind her, reaching to place his hand over Veya's own, so that he could help her get a better feel for his exacting method. "Like this." As he became more focused on Zemarith, the Bronzerider's voice wasn't as degrading and he didn't seem as intent on harassing her. "Any cracks in their hide can be detrimental during trips Between. The care of their skin is paramount."

And after that, his hand fell away from Veya's. Regardless of how disagreeable he could be, he still possessed certain charms that Bronzeriders seemed prone to; this must be one of them -too close quarters in first-hand demonstrations? The Candidate Master would certainly think it scandalous. ;)Anyway, after that, S'jiro continued watching her to make sure she had somewhat perfected the motion before deciding to leave her to it. He could go and oil any other part of Zemarith, enjoying the quiet meditation of it in thought and come back later to inspect her work.

Before he stepped away from her though, the Bronze was commenting.

Veyani's touch is soft. Softer than yours, maybe.

Frowning momentarily at that, S'jiro reassured the dragon, wondering at the accuracy of Zem's assessment. After all, this was a farm girl they were talking about, not some well-kept holder-bred female. How could Veya's hands be smoother than his? I keep my hide just as well oiled as yours. I think you're imagining things.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:55 pm

Surprised that he had not responded negatively to her first comment, she did everything she could not to see so. Instead she was almost completely focusing on oiling Zemarith.

Veyani wanted to comment on him having trouble understanding personal space. To be fair though, he was trying to make sure she was doing things correctly, the way he would do them. He did not know how being so close affected her. She was just a farm girl who needed help to appropriately oil his dragon. His proximity and his hand made her have a hard time concentrating, more difficult than usual anyway. Veya did do things exactly as he guided her to.

“I’ll be careful, I promise.” She did want to do well at this. Veyani had no reason to do any harm to the Bronze, she only really wanted to learn what the process was and to touch the Bronze’s hide for a while. He was only the third dragon she had had physical contact of any kind with and it was beyond awing to her.

When he pulled his hand away she could feel the skin tingling where his hand had rested. There was nothing to say to S’jiro as he gave her the okay to continue. She had trouble remaining completely silent because there was a lot of dragon to cover and she tended to sing or hum to herself when she did more mundane chores.

“When in the springtime of the year
When the trees are crowned with leaves
When the ash and oak and the birch and yew
Are dressed in ribbons fair

When owls call the breathless moon
In the blue veil of the night
The shadows of the trees appear
Amidst the lantern light

We've been rambling all the night
And some time of this day
Now returning back again
We bring a garland gay

Who will go down to those shady groves
And summon the shadows there
And tie a ribbon on those sheltering arms
In the springtime of the year…”

With her voice being very airy and soft naturally when she sang, the song could not be heard from any real distance. It would probably sound like humming from any distance over a couple of feet. Veyani sang more of the song as she continued to rub the oil into the dragon’s hide. Her touch did not grow much firmer than it had been when S’jiro had helped her. Now though she did her best to continue in a manner that would suit S’jiro.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:34 am

Watching her continue the motion as he'd instructed, S'jiro left Veyani's side to move to the other side of the Bronze beast to get started there. It was probably for the better that he'd moved far enough apart from the girl that he was unable to hear her sing -he might have grown irritated again. Oil time was quiet time for him.

S'jiro himself, bussied himself with the task at hand, covering Zemarith's side methodically, in a practiced way that was thorough but rather quick. His focus had left Veyani and was on no other than the bonded dragon before him.

Zemarith however, was paying little attention to his rider; rather, his attention was turned upon Veyani. The Bronze had swung his head around so that he could view her with at least one large, opalescent eye, shining with curiosity. It wasn't every day that someone sang to him -even if her song wasn't really for him alone, he could enjoy it. And he did.

After her song came to a close, the dragon seemed to huff, a deep rumble coming from his belly before a sharp breath exited through his nostrils.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:35 am

She paid little attention to S'jiro, focusing on the task at hand. Veyani did notice the dragon's attention though and tried to be sure the song wasn't keeping her from performing the oiling the proper way. She thought he was scrutinizing her work, assuming the dragon liked her about as much as his rider did. As the song ended though, the dragon seemed to be upset that it was over.

"Oh you like music?" she spoke to Zemarith. "Interesting. You know it never occured to me that dragons would be like other animals and humans. I mean to say I didn't think dragons would enjoy the same things. I can sing you another." She said continuing to oil. Her one-sided conversation with the Bronze dragon had likely not gone unnoticed.

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free
And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea
Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun
And cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done

Come by the hills to the land where life is a song
And sing while the birds fill the air with their joy all day long
Where the trees sway in time and even the wind sings in tune

Come by the hills to the land where legend remains
Where stories of old stir the heart and may yet come again
Where the past has been lost and the future is still to be won

Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free
And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea
Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun
And cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done..."

She didn't know if S'jiro could hear her, but she wasn't singing to him. She was singing to herself so her work would not feel as tiresome and to Zemarith who appeared to enjoy a good tune.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Veyani's voice being light and airy, it did not rise to meet S'jiro on the other side of the great dragon. Where he was now working on Zemarith's hind limb, massaging oil into the Bronze's paws, between his toes, S'jiro was deep in thought. Even if Veya's voice had been loud enough, it might be that he simply didn't hear her because his mind was preoccupied. Whatever the case may have been, the Bronzerider started to think out loud to his bonded, unable to keep his thoughts from turning back to Veyani somehow.

With a sigh, he decided that in order to divert his thoughts from her he'd have to have Zemarith's help, keeping him engaged in conversation about something else. Letting his own thoughts wander on their own, wasn't going to get him anywhere. I guess the Threadfall drill this week is going to be interesting, since it's our first out at night in a while. Should be fun, but of course less room for error. It also meant more diligent sweep rides for those flying below the 'fall' to catch what Thread had been missed. And it meant a more dangerous Drill considering how the absence of much light changed their circumstances.

I think we'll have two full moons by then. Don't you think? That'll be advantageous. S'jiro remembered that the moons had been waxing, but he was almost positive both would come to be completely full by the time it was their Wing's turn to run Threadfall drill again. I think I'll get everyone together tomorrow to make more Thread for it. Do you mind telling Cymiroth? It was common enough that the Wing gathered together in large or small groups to do so,...and usually Zem was not so hesitant in his reply, so when the Bronze did not immediately reply, as he'd been listening to the last of Veya's song, S'jiro stopped what he was doing to look up at the Bronze.

Zem.

Another pause with little response, and the Bronzerider called the dragon's name with more firmness. Zem!

With some smugness, the Bronze twisted his neck back around to observe S'jiro on the other side of him.

Are you listening?

Zemarith shifted his weight so that he could better see S'jiro to converse with him, which may have rolled him a little closer, on his side, toward Veyani, causing her to reposition if she was too close.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:21 am

Veyani didn't know what was going on between dragon and rider. She wasn't able to communicate with Zemarith the way S'jiro was. The day she impressed would be wonderful. The bond between human and dragon seemed infinitely better than any relationship someone could have with another human. And who wouldn't want to be able to fly to the beach or to the mountains on a moments notice? She had never been to a mountain nor seen the blue of the ocean but one day she would and it would be with her best friend and most wonderful companion in life.

Some may have doubts about her ability to Impress, but Veyani was not given to self-doubt. She was a dreamer and if one dreamed something enough, it could come true. She was halfway there already, she was at a Weyr and she was a Candidate. For now that would be enough. For now.

Day dreaming was unfortunately a problem of hers. Especially at this particular moment, as Zemarith shifted and not noticing what was happening until it was much too late, she began to fall backwards. Oh for Faranth's sake, couldn't she have a little, just a little coordination?

Unable to right herself, she landed on her butt. "Oof." She wanted to get up but felt that was impossible for the moment. Veya needed a moment to breathe and get the thought of her future most awesomely epic dragon off of her mind.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:03 am

The Bronzerider was rolling his eyes in disbelief at the resident farm girl again. As if it wasn't enough that she causes enough trouble with everyone else, now she's gotten to you, too?

Hearing the scuffle of Veyani falling backward when Zemarith repositioned, S'jiro couldn't help but smirk, figuring at what might have just happened. Walking around to the other side of Zem so that he could lean with one hand against the dragon's foreleg, he regarded her with a look that probably told her he expected to find her on her on the floor.

But before he could say anything, Zemarith swung his head back around, causing S'jiro to straighten himself so that he no longer leaned there. He was looking up at where the dragon came to greet them both, lowering his great head to their level, his eyes whirling with some bit of concern. He must have felt guilty for knocking her off balance. The Bronze uttered a plaintive sound, and when his mouth came open a little ways, it must have been that he was grinning sheepishly. Still, for his rider's lack of liking her, Zemarith wasn't sure he should speak to her. He didn't want to irritate S'jiro, or make that the cause of S'jiro disliking Veyani any more than he already did.

The Bronzerider was watching between the dragon and Veya then, wondering what Zemarith would do. When he figured the dragon had refrained to speak, he filled in, "Can you do anything right? Just make sure not to spill the oil; it'd be a waste."
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:01 pm

While Zemarith's eyes reflected an emotion similar to concern, his rider was obviously feeling the opposite of concern. Why was he such a complete asshole when she was in pain? "Your manners haven't improved much..." She grimaced as she stood up. Using her hands to pat off any dirt.

"I won't waste any of your precious oil...." She said with obvious irritation. Zemarith was HIS dragon, not hers. He could very well do this all himself if he was going to act like a complete and total jerk to her. Ignoring her existence was one thing but kicking a person when they were down was despicable behavior. She only hoped she would be around when he fell.

Whispering to the dragon, she said, "I'm alright." She went back to oiling the Bronzes hide. "I was dreaming of my own drgon. I cannot wait to meet her. One day it'll be her hide I'm oiling and I will have had practice so I won't mess up." She spoke quietly so that S'jiro wouldn't hear what she was saying.

Rambling being a special talent of hers, she doubted the dragon would have had a moment to reply even if he wanted to.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:18 pm

Manners. Chi! What did farm girl know about manners? S'jiro doubted that she understood proper etiquette. After all, she couldn't even do as she was told without making some kind of senseless argument.

Zemarith however, seemed more pleased with the girl, and offered a verbal response from his throat to acknowledge her comments to him privately.

Of course, S'jiro understood that she was speaking to the dragon and immediately he took on some bemused expression. He didn't seem to like that she talked privately with his bonded. The Bronzerider thus strode toward her, about to place his hand on the side of Zem's neck and intervene with their little discussion by teasing her about something else...but that plan quickly went to pot when he himself was distracted enough that he tripped over her pot of oil.

The entire container didn't empty, but much of it poured across the floor at their feet. Stopping dead in his tracks, the Bronzerider's face must have been shocked just then, just before kneeling to right the bucket so as to preserve the remaining oil. "Aiish!"
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:04 pm

Veyani just wanted him to treat her the same as he would treat a friend. Was that so much to ask? Apparently so. Unless he did treat his friends like this all the time. Maybe the only people he was nice to were his sister and his dragon. Well then she could pity him more for being a lonely, miserable person.

She wasn’t paying much attention to what S’jiro was doing until she heard him cry out. At first she did try not to laugh but that didn’t last long at all. She was shameless, laughing that he had done what he would have accused her of doing. He should really let loose, have a little fun. Zemarith seemed to understand that not everything had to be business. Veyani wanted to feel bad but it seemed to her he deserved what had happened. She had not knocked the oil over, he had.

“Oh that’s funny!” She couldn’t stop laughing. It might not seem as funny to Zemarith but she was enjoying not being the one to ruin his day. Normally she would be kind and do more not to laugh and ask if he was okay. Not right now. He had shown her he didn't want her as a friend so now she could act like she wasn't one... even if it was killing her not to make certain he was okay.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:48 pm

How insufferable was this girl?! Did she have to leave things out in the middle of the floor. Now she was laughing at him. This was obviously a set up! Okay, even S'jiro wasn't completely convinced of that, but he was certain she was enjoying far to great a satisfaction from the fact he'd just been the one to spill the oil.

S'jiro's brow furrowed and after a moment of looking up at her in disdain, he reacted almost without thinking. Taking his own rag, he mopped up some of the oil on the floor with it and then flung it at her. Of course, it was a soppy, dripping mess at that point, and he completely intended on the thing slapping her in the face. Of course.. she had a oil soaked cloth in her hand, too. That left her with two rounds of ammunition. But the rest of the entire bucket was now in his hands.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:01 pm

Having oil flung at her immediately sobered her expression.She was a little shocked and her eyes narrowed just the slightest bit. If he wanted to play this game, she could play. Veyani though was not one of the high class snobs he was used to. The rag flung at her, she picked up and tossed back in his direction. The other rag in her hand came quickly after.

She was smiling, a little ruefully, watching as both rags hit their target. Now the game was entirely in his hands. Veyani wondered if he ever played like this as a child. Despite the hard work on the farm there was always time for a little childhood mischief.

They had had mud fights, wars over hay bales and some gold old fashion tag. Apparently though some people were deficient as children and were doing lessons all day, not having any time for fun games with their siblings and friends.
Back to top Go down
Eloaene

Eloaene

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:15 pm

Of course he'd played games like this as a child. Of course many more of his activities had been much more dull educational pursuits that would prepare him to join the ranks of high society one day as an adult. But still, sports were a part of that -though he only played such games with those like unto himself. Those of like parentage. But that was beside the fact.

S'jiro was able to nab one of the flying rags before it hit him, yet oil sill splattered him. The second throw however, was not anticipated so soon, and seeing as hard as it smacked him in the face, tumbling to his shoulder before it fell to the floor, S'jiro had to admit the girl had a pretty strong throwing arm. But that again, was beside the fact that she'd just returned fire at him!

Letting the cloths drop to the floor, S'jiro picked up the bucket, taking what was remaining of the oil as he stood to walk to Veyani. Calmly, he held the bucket up, and then turned the bucket upside down to dump the rest of the oil over Veyani's head.
Back to top Go down
Caoimhe

Caoimhe

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:27 pm

For a brief moment, she was quite proud of herself having been able to catch him off guard. From what she knew of S'jiro, she should have guessed that simply throwing another round of rags back at her would not be enough to count as revenge. Except she really was expecting him to play fair.

He wouldn't. He wouldn't do what she thought he was going to do and it wasn't like she could escape because there was oil on the ground and she would fall if she tried to go anywhere too quickly. She wanted to scream at him. "No no no..." Squealing as he poured the oil over her, she had to resign herself to being dumbpes on. However she wasn't giving up.

He was close enough that all she had to do was take a step and she was able to hold on to him. So she stepped into him as the last of the oil spilled over her head, using both long arms to wrap themselves around his torso, using the momentum from coming toward him she clung, hoping not to fall down. Hopefully he would be just as icky now as she was and perhaps he would slide in his own pool of oil.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)   A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro) - Page 3 I_icon32

Back to top Go down

A Kiss with a Fist (S'jiro)
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Weyrs :: Fort Weyr :: Personal Weyrs-
Jump to: